Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
No. But close.
I have never seen a black 'S' sell for more than a black 'AP' in similar condition. I do wonder if there are fewer black 'S' cameras than black 'AP's though, solely because I think there are fewer 'S's made (no more that 3000?) than 'AP's.

Me too! If the 'right' one comes along, a really nice one, 'click'.
Not easy to find! And then to top it it should have a black lens of course. I have a very Nice black K, and a little worn black S. so a black AP would make me droole..

12-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #47

I have an Asahi Pentax K and H-2 with many lenses all in leather Asahi cases. Anyone interested in buying? Tried to add photo from phone, but didn't work.
01-05-2016, 06:20 PM   #48
Forum Member

Why no mention of the Spotmatic Motor Drive, ESII Motor Drive, and the Spotmatic F motor drive? And the 250exp backs? Those models are getting really hard to find nowadays. And are expensive!

Pentax ES II black Motor Drive outfit
01-05-2016, 08:38 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aoresteen Quote
Why no mention of the Spotmatic Motor Drive, ESII Motor Drive, and the Spotmatic F motor drive? And the 250exp backs? Those models are getting really hard to find nowadays. And are expensive!

Pentax ES II black Motor Drive outfit
Yeah I saw that last year and posted the link somewhere on this forum. Amazing kit and extremely rare in that condition.

Phil.

01-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not long ago, there was an auction of the Pentax LX 2000 Silver edition - though this came with a set of silver FA limited MIJ lenses, as well as the chrome 50mm f/1.2 special, all in mint condition - the whole lot sold for nearly $25,000US
08-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #51

most valuable pentax camera

Hi,

The most valuable Pentax camera ever is the Black Pentax S.
I have one and it is the rarest Pentax and one of the most rare of all Japanese camera's.
Thank you,
Joe
08-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #52
Forum Member

Well post a picture of it. Please

08-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #53

The rarest and most valuable Asahi Pentax

Hi,

In my post from yesterday I said that the Black Pentax S was the most valuable and rarest Pentax.
If you look at the numbers produced for the S which is just over 4 thousand and most of those were silver.
The AP were made in much larger numbers so more black AP and K were produced than black Pentax S's
Look up the numbers produced.
As far as the rare LX camera's. They were not production cameras. Made in small numbers
with rare skin and unusual metals.
The Pentax S was a production camera.
I have all of the lenses but it took me years to get the 55mm f 1.8 Takumar.
The 58mm f 2.0 was also hard to locate and also took years to purchase.
I have a 58mm f 2.4 and the 83mm f1.9 which is a great performer.
I have used the 83mm f1.9 on my MZS.
I have owned two of the 83mm f1.9 in 42mm
and two 58mm f 2.0 at one time.
The old Asahi Lenses were great performing Lenses.
Thank you,
Joe
08-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Craftsman Quote
Well post a picture of it. Please
I posted a picture of my Black 'S' back at post #24, if you are interested in such.
08-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edit 2/6/15:
Just 'clicked'. I bought a black AP with an all black Takumar 58/2.0 Sonnar preset attached. The camera is in 'fair' condition, the lens in 'good' condition.
I decided to add them to my collection anyway, because both are so rare, rarely seen 'for sale' in any condition.
Ah! Do post a photo of your black A P.
08-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #56
Forum Member

I posted a picture of my Black 'S' back at post #24, if you are interested in such.
Beautiful camera. Love the early Pentax cameras. Even at those prices they are still inexpensive compared to,Leica.
09-10-2016, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49:
edit 2/6/15:
Just 'clicked'. I bought a black AP with an all black Takumar 58/2.0 Sonnar preset attached. The camera is in 'fair' condition, the lens in 'good' condition.
I decided to add them to my collection anyway, because both are so rare, rarely seen 'for sale' in any condition.
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Ah! Do post a photo of your black A P.
Since you asked

It is not the 'prettiest' Black AP around. It needs a bit of TLC and a CLA. The shutter curtains appear fine.
I found a NoS top cover and film door for it (shown in the last photo).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Moe49; 09-10-2016 at 12:25 PM.
09-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #58
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since you asked

It is not the 'prettiest' Black AP around. It needs a bit of TLC and a CLA. The shutter curtains appear fine.
I found a NoS top cover and film door for it (shown in the last photo).
Fantastic. It looks good! Nice find for the new top and film door.

Thanks posting!
09-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #59
Pentaxian

I still have my first two cameras. A chrome Asahi Pentax S1a, bought new in Feb., 1968 and a black bodied Asahi Pentax ES ll, bought new in '74, I think. They still work, still look pretty good, still have their cases, still have their orig. lenses. I don't plan on selling them but do plan to put them in a camera display at home.

I never sell anything camera related and am closing in on 50 years of photography. Have Zeiss medium format, Leica RF, Mamiya TLR, Yashica RF and TLR, etc. I've never thought most old film cameras are worth selling, as I don't think you would get a lot of money for them unless it was something like one of Alfred Eisenstadt's Leica RF's, that kind of thing.

I'll keep them, display them, I get a lot of pleasure out of looking at them, thinking of the memories associated with them and using them occasionally.
09-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lately I have been fortunate to acquire a spotless K with Zebra 55/1.8, and a silver ESll that is nearly perfect. These were both auction pieces that were not competitive. My conservative maximum bid was not closely approached.