Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Lately I have been fortunate to acquire a spotless K with Zebra 55/1.8, and a silver ESll that is nearly perfect. These were both auction pieces that were not competitive. My conservative maximum bid was not closely approached.
What is the going rate for chrome ESII bodies these days? Just found one I forgot that I had. It's not perfect shape, but not too bad.

09-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
What is the going rate for chrome ESII bodies these days? Just found one I forgot that I had. It's not perfect shape, but not too bad.
Had to check my history. I paid $93 with a max bid of $152. There isn't a mark on it, accessories and the seller claims it was CLA'ed. Seller was in OZ so I paid $43 shipping and currency helped a lot, but still . . . .

EBay has 2 silver ESII - $40, and $70 with an SMC50/1.4 (the lens alone might be worth $70). Odd because I hadn't seen silver ESII's until recently.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-10-2016 at 07:02 PM.
09-10-2016, 06:53 PM   #63
Veteran Member

I paid $218 with a max bid of $282. There isn't a mark on it and the seller claims it was CLA'ed. Seller was in OZ so I paid $43 shipping and currency helped a lot, but still . . . .
What do you think a user body with a few marks on the baseplate and in need of a CLA (light meter is reading way high, ASA 20 setting is more like ASA 1600 in reality) should be priced at? I can post pics later so you can see it.
09-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What do you think a user body with a few marks on the baseplate and in need of a CLA (light meter is reading way high, ASA 20 setting is more like ASA 1600 in reality) should be priced at? I can post pics later so you can see it.
oh dear - I haven't a clue. I just buy neat old cameras now and I often overpay. 15 years ago I was active on eBay buying and selling and knew the market, but the film camera people have their cameras now and the good stuff is put away.

You might be better served to send it to Eric for an evaluation.

Maybe MightyMike can help. Or Baard-Elnar.

09-10-2016, 07:33 PM   #65
Veteran Member

oh dear - I haven't a clue. I just buy neat old cameras now and I often overpay. 15 years ago I was active on eBay buying and selling and knew the market, but the film camera people have their cameras now and the good stuff is put away.

You might be better served to send it to Eric for an evaluation.

Maybe MightyMike can help. Or Baard-Elnar.
No problem. I might just toss it into the Marketplace and see if anyone wants it.
09-11-2016, 06:11 AM   #66
Forum Member

This past year I bought a pair of ES11's ( one Chrome one Black) in mint condition for $200.00. The owner only offered them as a pair. I also picked up a Black and Chrome ES again in mint condition seperately. I don't remember eactly what I paid,but I think it was somewhere around $70.00 each.
09-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chrome ES II show up now and then. Value is difficult to set, since not that many are sold. The once I've seen that have been sold, chrome goes for the same as black bodies. 70-150$. They are fairly common. A CLA'd version should bring in some more money. There is one for auction on ebay now. follow it and see what it goes for. Check also www.collectiblends.com. They collect ebay sales and have a farly large base of sales for the ES II.

---------- Post added 09-16-2016 at 12:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Craftsman Quote
This past year I bought a pair of ES11's ( one Chrome one Black) in mint condition for $200.00. The owner only offered them as a pair. I also picked up a Black and Chrome ES again in mint condition seperately. I don't remember eactly what I paid,but I think it was somewhere around $70.00 each.
Was the Chrome ES marked Asahi Pentax or Honeywell Pentax? I've never seen a Asahi Pentax ES in chrome.

---------- Post added 09-16-2016 at 12:56 AM ----------

Lately I have been fortunate to acquire a spotless K with Zebra 55/1.8, and a silver ESll that is nearly perfect. These were both auction pieces that were not competitive. My conservative maximum bid was not closely approached.
Please post photos of your spotless K. that will be wild gearp0rn

Auctions seems to go any way. there are so many going on, that one cannot find or follow up on all. Almost have a feeling that a lot of K are on the market these days.

09-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
Chrome ES II show up now and then. Value is difficult to set, since not that many are sold. The once I've seen that have been sold, chrome goes for the same as black bodies. 70-150$. They are fairly common. A CLA'd version should bring in some more money. There is one for auction on ebay now. follow it and see what it goes for. Check also www.collectiblends.com. They collect ebay sales and have a farly large base of sales for the ES II.

---------- Post added 09-16-2016 at 12:53 AM ----------

Was the Chrome ES marked Asahi Pentax or Honeywell Pentax? I've never seen a Asahi Pentax ES in chrome.

---------- Post added 09-16-2016 at 12:56 AM ----------

Please post photos of your spotless K. that will be wild gearp0rn

Auctions seems to go any way. there are so many going on, that one cannot find or follow up on all. Almost have a feeling that a lot of K are on the market these days.
It seems to me that auctions for film gear have really slowed down as of late. 5 years ago they seemed much more competitive.
09-16-2016, 12:40 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems to me that auctions for film gear have really slowed down as of late. 5 years ago they seemed much more competitive.
I agree, and it is natural. Without actually knowing, i guess the majority of the followers in this section of Pentaxforums are born before 1970. We are a distinct species.
09-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the one I own, didn't know it was unusual. Still works fine.
09-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have never seen a chrome "ES" marked with "Asahi Pentax" either. And I have looked !
My own chrome "ES" is marked with "Honeywell Pentax", with a blocked "H" where you would normally find the AoC symbol.
My chrome ES II's are both marked "Asahi Pentax" with the AoC symbol.

Last edited by Moe49; 09-18-2016 at 04:48 PM.
09-18-2016, 07:36 AM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
This is the one I own, didn't know it was unusual. Still works fine.

This is a ES II, this is fairly common in chrome body. The ES and ES II had black as the standard body color, and chrome as special order. The only chorme bodies I've found for the ES is marked Honeywell. ES II is seen with both Asahi and Honeywell name.

---------- Post added 09-18-2016 at 04:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Moe49 Quote
I have never seen a chrome "ES" marked with "Asahi Pentax" either. And I have looked !
My own chrome "ES" is marked with "Honeywell Pentax", with a blocked "H" where you would normally find the AoC symbol.
My chrome ES II's are both are marked "Asahi Pentax" with the AoC symbol.
I don't have a Honeywell Pentax chrome ES, Im saving for a Asahi Pentax marked ES
09-18-2016, 04:10 PM   #73
Forum Member

My Chrome ES and also my Black ES are both marked Honeywell
09-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #74
Pentaxian

I got my chome ESII for next to nothing as it was not working, and then got Eric to fix it... The black ES has never been serviced but I am thinking of getting it a CLA.

Pentax ESII with a Superlite II and a SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 lens par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Pentax ES (2) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Pentax ES, ESII and SMC Takumar lenses par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
10-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #75

Preset 55/1.8 anyone?

Is anyone looking to sell an original preset 55/1.8 Takumar or has seen one for sale recently?