Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Kodachrome does not like ICE but it handles it. I had to set ICE to the lowest setting when scanning it. But sadly we won't be having that problem any more...

10-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by troyz Quote

IMHO I have the lab return film sleeved and uncut; I cut these into strips and store flat (with sleeving) in printfile ultima pages. I suppose that's not exactly grass roots.
I do almost the same. "Roberts" in Indianapolis, develops my stuff uncut and sleeved with a 4x6 index card. I cut the film into sets of 6 frames while still in the sleeve and clean and scan just the ones I want to print or show to someone. Processing, sleeving, and index card come to $3.73 with tax. I buy my Ektar 100 or Reala online for ~$4.00, so it works out to about $.20 or less a frame.

If I shoot slides I just get them developed uncut and sleeved and then I cut into sets of 6.

I'm just starting to get into doing B&W on my own and hope to pick up sleeves like the lab uses. In my experience they are much more resistant to dust and scratches compared to the printfile sleeves.

I'm not a heavy shooter, so I may only do 1500-3500 frames a year. When added up It's really not expensive at all, especially compared to something like smoking, and people justify that cost all the time(myself included long ago).

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 10-23-2009 at 11:01 AM.