Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Great new test shots from 'new' MX

I just got 24 exposures back from BJs that were taken with a recently purchased MX. Even after having to clean out the decayed sealing foam, the photos are fantastic. No effect of light filtering is discernible on the prints, despite the lack of foam lining. The fact that the camera is heavier than the modern models apparently makes it a more stable shooting platform: the sharpness, even with 400 ISO film, is outstanding in comparison with other cameras I have. I can't wait to see how it will shoot when it comes back from the Pentax repair shop.

05-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #2

So.. When do we see these shots?
05-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kskjon Quote
So.. When do we see these shots?
Im looking forward to seeing them as well. I need my fix of scanned film shots for today
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #4

Original Poster
Next item to buy when I get back from the poorhouse: a film scanner! Up to now I've been sending my photo projects to mpix.com and having them scanned and copied to a cd. The test photos I took were of common household items and outdoor surroundings. I just wanted to test the camera and lens performance for contrast, resolution, colors, overall image quality and dynamic range. That way I was immediately able to compare the image on the prints to easily accessible "models" (e.g., a lit lamp, an ornate curtain, backlit neighborhood trees, etc.).

But I promise to post the photo series that I plan to take with the MX when it comes back from the shop (and after I send the negatives to mpix.com).

By the way, if anyone can recommend a good affordable film scanner (if there's such a thing), then you have my attention.