Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2009, 07:29 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobore Quote
If I remember correctly, the PZ1p also gives you the option to leave the film out or in during rewind. Nice feature.
As an owner of that particular model, it does indeed give you an option to leave the leader out. However, there's no memory function in the camera, so you'll need to remember what frame you were on, and then advance the film (firing the sutter WITH the lens cap on) to the last frame (and an extra blank, just to avoid any problems).

I heard the MZ-S gives you that option with the added bonus of simply keying in the last frame, and the camera does the work for you.

10-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #32

VF-19: Thanks for checking that out. I also still have a PZ1p (had two & kept the pristine one), but was too lazy to crack open the manual & check the options. I do recall leaving the leader out on various rolls of film with different cameras (including manual rewind) for assorted reasons and then clicking off the number of frames to get back to where I'd left off. Would always shoot a few extra blanks to be on the safe side. Having an auto memory function would have been a nice bonus.

Last edited by bobore; 10-03-2009 at 12:35 PM.
10-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobore Quote
VF-19: Thanks for checking that out. I also still have a PZ1p (had two & kept the pristine one), but was too lazy to crack open the manual & check the options. I do recall leaving the leader out on various rolls of film with different cameras (including manual rewind) for assorted reasons and then clicking off the number of frames to get back to where I'd left off. Would always shoot a few extra blanks to be on the safe side. Having an auto memory function would have been a nice bonus.

The first thing I did when I got my 1p was crack open the manual and play with the camera for a few days before I popped a roll of film in it. One of my better ebay purchases: a PZ-1p with the manual.
10-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
That's the way I did it also. But I used a church key.
I just tear them open with my bare hands like the manly man I am.

10-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Heh, that works too. Just as long as you do it in a darkroom (or darkbag).