Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Inactive Account

new kid

hi everybody,
my name is dale and i have recently taken up photography and am in a spot of bother . I bought an sfx camera and on my third roll of film it would no longer load the film on, all it does is make a horrible noise. Has anybody ever come across this or know how to fix it? any help would be much appreciated.

regards,
dale

09-21-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Dale,

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear the problem w/ your SFX. I'm guessing it's the winder motor got problem, or some part between the motor and the winder. I know it's one of the know problem for MZ series cameras (except the MZ-S), one of the plastic part got broken. To repair this might cost quite some money, probably don't worth it 'cause you can get another perfect working one for less than 30 or 50usd.

Good luck.
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #3

The battery could be getting old. Try replacing it (it's in the right hand grip) and see what happens.
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, try fussing with the rewind switch (when there's no film in the camera,) and any buttons relating to loading.)

I'm relying on some very old memory, but I think some cameras of that type body and era had an issue that way. Basically, the camera may still think it's trying to wind back into the cartridge, rather than loading the next roll. )