Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I might not be as lucky as frank ( just snatched a Pentax K2 )

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/69961-broken-m...us-lens-3.html

--

but finally i found a decent one ..black body with only small brassing ..and working lightmeter.. well its not an MX with K 1.2 like frank have . but i had this one for around 70 bucks. well i hope is a bargain..

first time i have it, it have stuck mechanism of changing ASA setting.. corroded battery cover.. DOF preview lever not working and so the timer.. doesnt have more money yet to have it repair..

i only manage to repair the ASA mechanism and battery cover

anyway now its time to load some films..

---

side by side with my KX.

side by side with my FA (which one is prettier?)

--

10-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have to say, I have a soft spot for the FA (was my camera of choice until I jumped on the digital bandwagon 10 years ago), so the FA is prettier :-D
10-03-2009, 04:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

K2 is gorgeous - at that price you can still call it a bargain after paying Eric just for the lens. Congratulations
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The KX pictured must have had its hot shoe replaced at some point with one from some later model - note the additional contact.

Chris

10-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Forum Member

How many times do you guys plow the ebay auction list everyday? I am really jealous.
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You know you can remove the bottom plate, soak it in vinegar, then remove the battery cover easily, right?
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
I have to say, I have a soft spot for the FA (was my camera of choice until I jumped on the digital bandwagon 10 years ago), so the FA is prettier :-D

haha

yes im agree. seem like FA is quite rare isnt it?
sadly i dont have any other Nikon lenses rather than teh standar zoom and 35 2.8 above..

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
K2 is gorgeous - at that price you can still call it a bargain after paying Eric just for the lens. Congratulations
yeah thanks..but i forgot to mention..that i only snatch the body, it didnt came along with any lens.. ..the lens is mine..

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
The KX pictured must have had its hot shoe replaced at some point with one from some later model - note the additional contact.

Chris
oh ya? i didnt know that..i thought it because it already broken losing its top plate..

QuoteOriginally posted by Taikonaut Quote
How many times do you guys plow the ebay auction list everyday? I am really jealous.
it is a negative side of joining this forum.

i cant help it..

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
You know you can remove the bottom plate, soak it in vinegar, then remove the battery cover easily, right?
argggghh.. is that true..?i was thinking doing that.. but i dont have any guts to doing itu (unscrew the bottom plate) . instead i use a very strong knife and small amount of WD 40..

you can check the result..

--

Last edited by fearview; 10-04-2009 at 09:40 PM.
10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow! That's a steal! Great looking black KX I'd love to have one too since I already have the MX and LX.

I've been having a lot fun w/ the K50/1.2 lately, both on film and digital cameras. But since I have an A50/1.2 coming (back again), I don't know what to do w/ it. Can't keep both I guess ...
10-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Wow! That's a steal! Great looking black KX I'd love to have one too since I already have the MX and LX.

I've been having a lot fun w/ the K50/1.2 lately, both on film and digital cameras. But since I have an A50/1.2 coming (back again), I don't know what to do w/ it. Can't keep both I guess ...
--

hi frank

me apologize here to use your name for capitalizing my thread..

well u can start a thread on PM ..

Question now: can i swap the K2 focusing screen into the split screen one?

--
@all

just realize that i mistype the camera name.. it was K2 ..not KX

Last edited by fearview; 10-05-2009 at 02:31 AM.
10-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothing wrong with the K2, a very good one IMHO

Now, the Nikon FA is a great camera, not so rare but the owners are quite reluctant to let it go