Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A DSLR trick works on my PZ-20

This may be old news here, but it's new for me.

I guess that my eyes aren't what they used to be, so I've been having problems focusing my PZ-20, while using Wide Angle screwmount lenses.
I was using the focus beep to aid me, while shooting with my digital cameras, which just doesn't work with this camera.

So today I decided to try a trick from the Pentax DSLR world, and short out the electrical contacts, with tin foil.
I then tried focusing and to my delight I heard that nice little BEEP when everything appeared sharp
So my guess is that everything works the way I wanted it to.

Since I've only used screwmount lenses on this camera I'm thinking of just using some metal stove tape or something along those lines as a semi-permanent solution.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
beep, camera, dslr, lenses, pz-20, screwmount, trick