Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
CLA in Toronto, Canada area?

Well, it seems that my new LX does have the infinity focus problem, so I need it CLA'd. Kinda mad, but what can you do. I never noticed before because I use zone focusing normally, but it came up when I tried to focus at infinity one day and realized i couldn't!

Everybody recommends Eric but I'd prefer somewhere local b/c he says it will take 3-4 weeks. When my Super Program needed CLA about 8 years ago I went right to Pentax, but according to their website it looks like they outsource their repairs now (closest one is in Burlington, Ontario).

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm open to other suggestions as well. Does anyone know of a good place in Toronto or the surrounding area for a CLA on an LX? A lot of searching points to Commercial Camera Repair, but the owner passed away last April and the son (?) is no longer keeping the business, only trying to return cameras that were left in the shop.

10-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tendim Quote
Well, it seems that my new LX does have the infinity focus problem, so I need it CLA'd. Kinda mad, but what can you do. I never noticed before because I use zone focusing normally, but it came up when I tried to focus at infinity one day and realized i couldn't!

Everybody recommends Eric but I'd prefer somewhere local b/c he says it will take 3-4 weeks. When my Super Program needed CLA about 8 years ago I went right to Pentax, but according to their website it looks like they outsource their repairs now (closest one is in Burlington, Ontario).

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I'm open to other suggestions as well. Does anyone know of a good place in Toronto or the surrounding area for a CLA on an LX? A lot of searching points to Commercial Camera Repair, but the owner passed away last April and the son (?) is no longer keeping the business, only trying to return cameras that were left in the shop.
It's a risky business using a local repair shop. I used a couple in Vancouver and they screwed up my KX & K2. Both ended up going to Eric for a second attempt, he finally fixed them both.

Phil
10-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
We'll see how they do. I went to the place that Pentax lists on their support pages, so they are the only official repair shop in this area for Pentax gear. Just dropped it off now.
10-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

ot but join the group in my sig if you're interested in meetups