Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
Forum Member

New Auto 110

Hey ,

So I just picked up an Auto 110 and wanted to see if anyone had experience with thus camera. Manly just
to see if there are good places for film and developing. I ordered a couple rolls online but the shopping was
$12 for 3 rolls. Ridiculous but the only site I found. Haven't gotten the camera or film yer but know I'll almost
certainly have to send it out for processing. Any thing around buffalo NY?

Thanks for any help,

Travis

10-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on your camera. Although I'll never shoot another roll of 110 film I've always liked the Auto 110 cameras. I wish that Pentax would make a new digital version, using the biggest sensor possible.... and keeping the lens mount.

Anyone with a c41 machine can process the negatives, however scanning and printing is a different story.
I can do it all in the lab I work at, however I don't think it's worth it sending your negatives to Canada.
We have to scan it one frame at a time with our equipment, making it an expensive process for you

Please don't expect very good image quality. When I was young I thought that 110 cameras were the coolest thing ever. Now that I work in a lab the images just look inferior to everything else.
10-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Banned

110 film is pretty abundant... if you live in Japan. neat camera that. I ahd one for a perioud of time, but sold it. still regret that.
10-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I now have to order film from Blue Moon Camera and Machine or the Frugal Photographer. I send it to Duane's in Kansas for development.

10-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I believe you can drop your 110 film at Wal-Mart to have it processed at Fuji's facility in New York. That's where the DC Area wal-marts send it.

The frames are, of course, very small, and the commercially available film for 110 cameras is not the pro-quality stuff. That said, the quality of the images isn't too bad. I've wanted to get a film slitter and load Ektar in mine just to see what it does with really fine-grain film.

Since you have an Auto 110, why not join my Auto 110 group?

PentaxForums.com - Pentax Auto 110/Auto 110 Super Users

Also, did you get any lenses with it? I have the 18mm wide angle, 24mm standard and 50mm telephoto for mine, plus a flash and a winder.

Here's some articles about the little things:

Pentax 110 SLR

How to load 110 cartridges using 35mm film (like maybe some Ektar or Portra? ):

Pocket Instamatic

RELOADING 110 CASSETTES
10-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Site Supporter

If my film has to be sent out, I send it out myself. Dewayne's and Blue Moon are professionals and can do custom work etc. Plus, the charge no more that Wal-Farts charges. Secondly, I won't to try to keep those 2 companies in business for obvious reasons. Finally, Wal-Fart has helped collapse smaller businesses with cut rate services, and then stop offering said services.
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I just picked up a 24mm Pentax 110 lens on Ebay recently for $1.99. Sacreligous to some, I suppose, but it's going to make the perfect key FOB as soon as I can figure out the best method to marry the two objects. Any suggestions are welcome.

10-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I just picked up a 24mm Pentax 110 lens on Ebay recently for $1.99. Sacreligous to some, I suppose, but it's going to make the perfect key FOB as soon as I can figure out the best method to marry the two objects. Any suggestions are welcome.
I know you got it for next to nothing, however if it's a nice clean lens I'd almost just use a black vinyl tie for it.
That way if Pentax ever decides to make a digital version of the camera you already have your first lens.

However if it's a POS then I'd just ask some jeweler to weld a loop on. It'll cost more than $2.00, however it shouldn't be bad.
10-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
Your ears would make very good key fobs.

j/k
10-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah I would definitely like to try reloading my own cartridges with cut 35mm film. I really want to get some Kodak Professional B&W 400 in there. I think the correct ISO with the fine grain of the kodak would give some really good results. I've never worked with Ektar before. Do you have some images online, or a place to shop for them?

I'm still in the process of using up my first roll. I love how I can just stick the 110 in my pocket and have a film SLR at all times. That was the biggest problem with my 35mm was that I just didn't carry with me.

I only have the 24mm lens (with no cap ARG!!) and also the AF100 flash. got it for $35 on eBay so not to bad. I think i'm going to get the 50mm, or perhaps the 70mm. What lens do you guys find yourself using most?

Would love to get the Pan Focus LEns though. Some cool results could be had.

Thanks for all the replays,

keep em coming!!
10-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shiestmiester Quote
I've never worked with Ektar before. Do you have some images online,
There's an Ektar thread, not too far down the page.
These are some of my examples, all shot with a 35mm.
More Film photographs Stu Brown's Photography

just Some Film Shots Stu Brown's Photography
The second link is samples from 3 or 4 different types of film.