Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #1

Help: Minuscule Spring

Hey all.

Being my curious self, i decided to take apart my Pentax ME the other day, which was all fine and dandy, except whilst taking the K mount off the body the spring which is attached to the locking pin jumped off, and i have absolutely no where it went, even after looking for it for a good hour or so lol. So I was curious if anyone has any experience in obtaining minuscule springs (apart from buying another camera to salvage it from..), or just generally any advice you can give me that would alleviate the problem. I can still mount the lenses, and i can push the pin up so that it locks, but i'd prefer it if the whole thing worked properly... The rest of the camera works well and is in pretty good nick.

I can provide pictures if necessary, but i think i explained it well enough.

Thanks,
RM

10-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If I was you I'd try a Watch Repair place. I just googled up this place in Sydney.
Lots of luck
10-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #3

Original Poster
Genius, thanks hah, i should have thought of that myself. I ended up taking a spring out of an old teleconverter that i had lying around, but now i can get them both working properly, thanks
10-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by remoteman Quote
Hey all.

Being my curious self, i decided to take apart my Pentax ME the other day, which was all fine and dandy, except whilst taking the K mount off the body the spring which is attached to the locking pin jumped off, and i have absolutely no where it went...

Thanks,
RM

In similar circumstances, I have been lucky using a strong magnet to sweep over the entire area the spring could possibly have landed.

Even when you can't see it, the magnet will attract it.