Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agnostic: nice work; I especially like the one with the bicycles embracing in the foreground while the two people walk past in the background.

01-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Oh man, you kill me with that set! Damn, maybe I should have kept my set to myself ;D Your third pic especially is just a classic. I'd love to have that on my wall as a 30cmx40cm print, or maybe as a postcard to send people I ordered chemicals for developing colour (Tetenal Colortec C-41). How do you like it?
01-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Thanks guys!

I like your set too brkl, especially the lady in the alley and the boat builders.

I did do some C41 developing but it's pretty fidgety, the temps have to be within a tight margin if you don't want color shifts (though color shifts can be fun too ) and they are much higher than for b&w developers (38C/100F) so you have to warm the solutions before use or prepare them with warm water. Then again, at the time I tried it I didn't have much routine so maybe now it would be easier to get the temps and planning right. I guess the one you ordered will be similar to what I used, a two bath solution with a developing bath and a blix (combined bleach fix).
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Pepijn, those sand dunes are awesome, painterly.

Overall I'm biassed but I think we all could hang one hell of a show with these film shots.

01-11-2010, 02:00 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Pepijn, those sand dunes are awesome, painterly.

Overall I'm biassed but I think we all could hang one hell of a show with these film shots.
Thank you! And I agree, there are many, many awesome shots in the film thread.

There is one thing about shooting film that makes me kind of sad though, the fact that it made me realize how piss poor the dynamic range of digital cameras really is. I think that is one of the things that really got me hooked on film: the beautiful tonal range of a well exposed b&w photograph.
When I look on the forums here and elsewhere I keep seeing discussions about noise at high iso, autofocus performance, burst mode speed but barely anyone talks about dynamic range. My top three wishes for a new dslr are:

1. Greater Dynamic Range
2. GREATER DYNAMIC RANGE
3. GREATER DYNAMIC RAAAAANGE!

Last edited by Agnostic; 01-11-2010 at 03:36 AM.