Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Any engineers out there that can help explain how to wire the flash synch to the digicam's shutter?

06-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where is the guy on DPR that ripped the front of an Optio digicam and stuck it to the back of an *Ist 35mm slr? Crazy stuff.
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Where is the guy on DPR that ripped the front of an Optio digicam and stuck it to the back of an *Ist 35mm slr? Crazy stuff.
Yup, I drew my insipration from him directly. I believe he did the same thing with a higher shutter speed on the film body than on the digicam.

I cut out the back of my Nikon F2 (what the heck - you only live once) and I need to tune how far back the sensor sits. I'd still love to see if I can extend any of these ribbon cables easily or if I can trigger the digicam via the flash synch...
06-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Ha ha, welcome to the forum!

If I had to guess, they do have removable backs, but not as easy as (for example) the Nikon F2. I don't have the instruction book for it - maybe I can look it up online.

I went ahead and cut a hole in the back of the F2 and have the sensor fitted nicely in there - I'll share more pictures later.
As far as i can tell all the M series have a removable back, there is a small screw on the back near the top hinge, it slides down and the back will fall off.

06-04-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Oooh, very cool! My father's a retired electrical engineer, I'll see if he has any simple, comprehensible suggestions* for triggering the shutter using the hotshoe, or insight on extending ribbon cables. We had a blast taking my Oly stylus apart and reassembling it (it works fine), this might be a rather amusing project. Keep us posted on your experiments, your results are really neat so far!

Julie

*Don't get your hopes up, I don't have a clue what he's talking about half the time.
06-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
Pentaxian

This variation was just pointed out over on 'The Online Photographer'. Thought you may enjoy the link as another attempt to create the perfect bridge camera.
Digital Back for the M3 - Rangefinderforum.com
06-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
This variation was just pointed out over on 'The Online Photographer'. Thought you may enjoy the link as another attempt to create the perfect bridge camera.
Digital Back for the M3 - Rangefinderforum.com
Thanks RJ!

I've already been there, and I've already seen the cult following that those 'disposable' digicams have. They locked down the firmware quite a bit to stop just what this nifty guy did.