Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #1

Reliable repair in U.S.?

If this is in the wrong forum or has already been addressed ad nauseum please advise. I searched the forums and didn't find an answer.

I have a Pentax PK-A lens that works wonderfully but for one thing; it's missing the tiny bearing that makes in an 'A' lens and thus functions as an 'M'. I bought it that way after being told by one of my local servicers that he could easily handle it. Turns out he doesn't have the part nor do any of my other local servicers.

So, any suggestions for a reliable, reasonably priced servicer in the U.S.? To keep shipping cost down, I prefer to keep it in the U.S.

TIA!/Scottax1

11-14-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote
If this is in the wrong forum or has already been addressed ad nauseum please advise. I searched the forums and didn't find an answer.

I have a Pentax PK-A lens that works wonderfully but for one thing; it's missing the tiny bearing that makes in an 'A' lens and thus functions as an 'M'. I bought it that way after being told by one of my local servicers that he could easily handle it. Turns out he doesn't have the part nor do any of my other local servicers.

So, any suggestions for a reliable, reasonably priced servicer in the U.S.? To keep shipping cost down, I prefer to keep it in the U.S.

TIA!/Scottax1
Email Eric, he may be able to fix your lens.

Phil.

Eric's Website:

Home
11-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For anything Pentax, Eric would be my first choice. He is conscientious about his work and his prices are very competitive.

However, for anything non pentax, especially mf lenses, I'd consider these people. Scroll towards the bottom to see 35mm lens repair info.

Camera Repair, Camera Repair 35mm, Camera Repair 35mm Classic, Camera Repair 35mm SLR, Camera, Repair, Restoration, Maintance, Service, Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Olympus, Pentax, Konica, Ricoh, Sears, Yashica

These folks are another option and also have some vintage gear for sale from time to tiem.

Camera Repair dot Com - more information about our professional camera repair services

I had linked these in the resources forum at one time but I can't seem to find that forum anymore.
11-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Camera Repair and Service

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
For anything Pentax, Eric would be my first choice. He is conscientious about his work and his prices are very competitive.

However, for anything non pentax, especially mf lenses, I'd consider these people. Scroll towards the bottom to see 35mm lens repair info.

Camera Repair, Camera Repair 35mm, Camera Repair 35mm Classic, Camera Repair 35mm SLR, Camera, Repair, Restoration, Maintance, Service, Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Olympus, Pentax, Konica, Ricoh, Sears, Yashica

These folks are another option and also have some vintage gear for sale from time to tiem.

Camera Repair dot Com - more information about our professional camera repair services

I had linked these in the resources forum at one time but I can't seem to find that forum anymore.
Camera Repair and Service Forum from the Links Button on the Home Page.

Last edited by monochrome; 11-15-2009 at 08:03 PM.
11-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks all!

Monochrome, that's the page I had in mind; no idea why I couldn't find it.

I see Mark Hama listed. Not sure what's going on with him but members of Rangefinder Forum and pnet have reported serious problems over the past months.

Anyone here dealt with him recently?
11-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Thanks all!

I see Mark Hama listed. Not sure what's going on with him but members of Rangefinder Forum and pnet have reported serious problems over the past months.

Don't feel to bad about it, I couldn't find it either. I rarely go to the front page. BrownBag
11-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For anything Pentax Eric Hendrickson should be your first choice.
Eric has repaired dozens of cameras and lenses for me over the past ten years.
His work is excellent, turnaround time is fast and his prices are very reasonable.

Chris

11-15-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you got the parts (an assembly of four little parts) for the A contact, you can do it yourself:

Pentax 50mm lens fix

Good luck.
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks all!

I'm not sure why that Forum is only linked from the front page, but I haven't wanted to bother Adam about it.

Sorry to read about that. Mark did a pristine black SPII for me in 2004. I listed Mark as a resource for Yashica and Spotmatics. I found him through Karen Nakamura's website, then Eric there as well. I initially used Eric for K-series and later cameras, but he gets everything from me now.