Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by keyser Quote
I got a Kiron 105mm f/2.8 macro (aka Lester A Dine) with the 'A' setting for $80 so I'm pretty pleased with myself!

As they say on 4chan... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

My personal best wasn't on craigslist, but kijiji. I got a KX, 55 mm 1.8, M 200mm 4, a bushnell 28 mm 2.8, a bunch of filters, and a bag for $60.

It's been somewhat dry for pentax lenses lately in Ottawa...

12-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Part of the problem is that Portland is a VERY camera-savvy town. The good stuff is traded word of mouth, consigned, or put on eBay.

Steve
It's probably more because your town is so pinko that they heavily use Craigslist, Freecycle and those other conspiracies. In my state they believe in filling up landfill space-- less buyers of used gear. Today I am picking up a F-50mm 1.7 for $35 (ok, so it's a little blemished...).
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VF-19 Quote
As they say on 4chan... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

My personal best wasn't on craigslist, but kijiji. I got a KX, 55 mm 1.8, M 200mm 4, a bushnell 28 mm 2.8, a bunch of filters, and a bag for $60.

It's been somewhat dry for pentax lenses lately in Ottawa...
Yeah, Kijiji's good because nobody looks on there, so it's full of sellers who have no clue! That's a nice little find you got for $60, I'm quite envious

The strange thing about the Kiron is, I couldn't get to where it was located at that point, so I got the guy to hold it for a week on the promice that I wouldn't barter him down on the asking price and I wouldn't 'flip' the lens for more money.

So, I don't feel too guilty because I'm going to actually use it instead of it going to a profiteer.
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidWasch Quote
It's probably more because your town is so pinko that they heavily use Craigslist, Freecycle and those other conspiracies. In my state they believe in filling up landfill space-- less buyers of used gear. Today I am picking up a F-50mm 1.7 for $35 (ok, so it's a little blemished...).
Huh?

Steve

(trying to figure out whether they are filling up the landfills in CT with buyers...)

12-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #35

Photos: Gallery
I should have added the words "so there are" instead of the hyphens. So much for my forum shorthand :-)

My appologies if the sarcasm didn't read... IMHO the east coast is a bit behind the times with Craigslist, etc.