Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Senior Member
Halco's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 123
Super Progam Issues

Just got a Super Program off eBay. Tested it out, seemed to be working accurately and fine, until after one shot, the mirror stayed in the up position. I can press the mirror back down to its proper position, so its not physically jammed. The DOF preview lever is slack. Batteries are good, and seals are fine. Any idea on the problem or a possible fix?

12-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
Halco's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 123
Original Poster
Just tried the hit-it-hard-on-the-bottom trick--worked. The thread with that solution didn't show up in my first search.
Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? Are there light seals available for this camera?
Thanks
12-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 255
Search for Interslice

QuoteOriginally posted by Halco Quote
Are there light seals available for this camera?
Thanks

Do an ebay search for "Interslice". John Goodman sells light seal kits and provides full instructions. Last time I looked John had a 100% feedback, and with good reason - he's a wonderful person to deal with.

Changing the seals is such an easy job that even I can do it without stuffing things up completely.

Enjoy your Super Programme - it's a great camera.

PS I have no connection with John other than being a satisfied customer
12-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
MikeW's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 352
I agree about John and his kits. They are excellent and inexpensive. If you are patient anybody can replace the seals with his kits.

12-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,433
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Do an ebay search for "Interslice". John Goodman sells light seal kits and provides full instructions. Last time I looked John had a 100% feedback, and with good reason - he's a wonderful person to deal with.

Changing the seals is such an easy job that even I can do it without stuffing things up completely.

Enjoy your Super Programme - it's a great camera.

PS I have no connection with John other than being a satisfied customer
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
I agree about John and his kits. They are excellent and inexpensive. If you are patient anybody can replace the seals with his kits.
+1 for Interslice and John Goodman - $10 kit. I just did the seals and mirror bumper on a K2. It took about 90 minutes from setting up the work area to completely cleaned up - and I went really slowly beause that was my first time.

My K2 is now perfect!
12-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
I've done 7-8 (or more, I can't count, I've given some away) cameras with one interslice kit, and still have material left over. Eventually I broke the bamboo tool, but have a drawerful of bamboo skewers I can whittle into shape.

Goodman's kit is the single best investment for someone with GAS.
12-12-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
I finally ran out of the door seal material last week but plenty of other stuff is left over. My bamboo tool is also worse for wear

With the "small" kit, I did 6 SLRs and 1 Rangefinder. I think. Yeah, close to that

QuoteOriginally posted by Halco Quote
Just tried the hit-it-hard-on-the-bottom trick--worked. The thread with that solution didn't show up in my first search.
Is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? Are there light seals available for this camera?
Thanks
Hit It is always the first step in SLR trouble shooting "They don't make em like they used to!"
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
mirror, position
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Super Program issues MJewell78 Pentax Film SLR Discussion 16 03-14-2016 05:03 PM
Film Advance issues- ME Super halfpack Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 05-29-2010 09:20 AM
Pentax ME Super Winding Issues Inafinus Pentax Film SLR Discussion 8 11-04-2009 06:41 AM
Me Super - Metering Issues unixrevolution Pentax Film SLR Discussion 20 04-23-2009 06:50 AM
K100D Super focus issues shesweet59 Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 01-10-2009 03:06 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top