Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
He meant what he said.....the M42 lenses will be much more comfortable in a Spotmatic.

He didn't say the photographer would be much more comfortable having the lenses in a Spotmatic. He said the lenses themselves would be much more comfortable.

12-05-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Finally here is a picture of the M42 adaptor on an ME super
Attached Images

12-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
He meant what he said.....the M42 lenses will be much more comfortable in a Spotmatic.

He didn't say the photographer would be much more comfortable having the lenses in a Spotmatic. He said the lenses themselves would be much more comfortable.
Lenses have feelings you know...

Steve
12-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
This is true

12-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
And they're also about the same age, so they have more to talk about with each other....something facilitated by the fact that they were designed to communicate with each other directly to begin with, rather than through an interpreter (adapter) as is the case when mounted on later cameras.

It is as if the Takumar lenses said to the Spotmatics, "Hey, you speaka my language?" and in reply received the warm comfort of a smile and a Vegemite sandwich.
12-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vogist Quote
Hi PETER. You have solved the problem and were absolutely right first shot, It is a removable adaptor unlike any of the previous ones I have seen or bought, which are really wide flanged. .
Hee, yes, those with the wide flanges are the cheapest sort: unless you are using them for macro work, they are often sucky, as you may not get infinity focus. (They work a treat for macro tubes and the like, much better than the cheap inside-the-lens-mount imitations, but not so much for other uses.) The best inside-the-mount adapter is what you have, the Pentax-made one. Imitations of that type are basically fraught with problems and inconveniences.
12-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

And they're also about the same age, so they have more to talk about with each other....something facilitated by the fact that they were designed to communicate with each other directly to begin with, rather than through an interpreter (adapter) as is the case when mounted on later cameras.

It is as if the Takumar lenses said to the Spotmatics, "Hey, you speaka my language?" and in reply received the warm comfort of a smile and a Vegemite sandwich.
I don't know - mine met a strange L(ady)X - she made him nervous
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #38
Site Supporter

They also share the appropriate "aperture coupling"

Steve

(Could not resist...)

12-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Well, I mean both actually.

K mount cameras won't be able to close the aperture when taking a picture -- you have to close it manually. It's doable, but not optimal. Also, even with an official adapter, there's a tiny bit of wiggle you'll feel when focusing. That's not a big deal at all, but does make focusing with those excellent well damped Taks just a bit less fun.