Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
LX Focus Woes.

Recently had my LX CLA'd by the local Pentax repair shop (as listed on the Pentax Canada website), because there was black residue on the mirror. I also asked them to ensure that the focus was aligned (it would no longer focus to infinity).

I took the camera with me on a trip and have been going over the scanned negatives, and they still look a tad blurry.

If I mount a lens, I notice that if I set the lens to infinity, the split-prism still shows straight lines not aligning -- i.e., still slightly out of focus. If I put the same lens on my spare SuperProgram bodies, and focus at infinity, the split-prism shows what I think it should: straight lines align properly.

I know that "some" lenses have their infinity mark slightly beyond what is stamped on the barrel, but confirming with my SuperProgram this doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone offer some suggestions? Sending to Eric for a second CLA? Unfortunately it's been over two months and there was only a 30 day warranty on the original CLA. Sigh.

Thanks for any advice.
-10d

12-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The repairer obviously failed to do the work properly.
I'd bring it back and ask them to adjust it at no charge.
It's still close to the warranty period, so worth a try...

Chris