Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #1

problem with pentax pz-1 / z1

hi everybody!
it's my first post here, not best starting with a troubl but whatever...

I've a problem with pentax pz-1 / z1; I've recently bought on ebay and shoot about 12 rolls without problems. I was asking if you can help me.
last week I loaded a film and in the lcd screen appeared this blinking signal [E], that seems to me: error, that doesn't allow to use the camera.
can you help me? have you ever seen something similar? that's weird because this camera is "as new", I don't understand.
I've tried to changed film, always loading it in the right way, but the [E] persists.
I thought it was cause of low battery, but I've changed it and, nothing, the problem isn't solved.
I hope to receive your answer.
thanks,

Davide

12-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Did you pull the film out far enough, and had it go to the marking next to the take up spool? Is there any slack in the film? Is it engaging the sprockets on the winder next to the take up spool?

Could you load up your camera, and before you close the film door, take a picture to show how the film looks in the camera? It will help us in diagnosing the problem.
12-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've tried this many times on my Z-1P. The film isn't properly loaded.
Put it a bit into the cartridge again, and start over
12-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #4

Original Poster
I tried several times with different films also, I swear.
I cannot understand why from day to night this problem happened.

These days I'll post you the pics of my operations around the camera, so I hope to explain better my problem

12-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #5

Take the film out of the body. Your displays should work and the shutter should fire without film. Run the camera through some shutter sequences and then load the film again. Also, turn the mode dial off of rewind (I'm assuming the PZ1 is set up like the PZ1p) to see if that makes any difference.
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #6

Original Poster
that's really strange, because this problem has "magically"disappeared.
I haven't changed loading film mode nor tried to fix the problem, but now it works.

thank you for your time.
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Like I said, it's probably how you're loading the film into the camera. Take your time and make sure that the film is in the camera correctly.

Happy shooting!