Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #1

Me super film

hey guys, i just buy an Me super.. but i can't open the camera back to put the film in...

I have change the exposure mode dial to 125X, and pull the film rewind knob..still no working..so sad ....

12-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
Welcome to the forum!

I can't say for sure, but one possibility is that the light seals for the door have become gummy with age. You might want to hold the rewind lever at the full out position and gently (and I do mean gently) attempt to coax the door open with your fingers.

If this works and the seals are bad, they and the mirror bumper can be replaced fairly economically. Kits and instructions are available from John Goodman (interslice on eBay). Here is a link to a page with instructions for multiple cameras including contact information for Mr. Goodman...Link.

Steve

(Not affiliated with interslice...)
12-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Does the rewind lever "lift" a little when it's already in the "up" position? In other words, does it lift to allow the door latches to move?
12-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yetime Quote
hey guys, i just buy an Me super.. but i can't open the camera back to put the film in...

I have change the exposure mode dial to 125X, and pull the film rewind knob..still no working..so sad ....
You don't have to perform any other tasks - just pull up on the rewind knob and the back should pop open. As Steve suggested it may be gunked up along the outer edges of the back door by the old seals. But I've never seen one that bad! Possibly the door latch isn't releasing or sliding well. Just don't force it too hard and break something (if it isn't broken already.)

Keep us informed.

12-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Are you sure that you're pulling the rewind crank up far enough? It pulls up freely about 1/2 inch and then encounters a spring resistance. It will sit there by itself, with no pressure in either direction. To unlatch the door, you must pull the crank up another 1/8 inch or so, against the spring. When you release it, it will pop back that distance.

As others have suggested, the light seals may have turned to goo and are holding the back in place. Try lifting the crank to the open position and simultaneously try to gently pry the back open.
01-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #6

You probably should invest $10 and buy a seal kit. It does the Mirror and the back door. It is realitively easy to do. It will also stop light from leaking in. I just did mine.