Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The one that got away

Pissed at myself.

I identified this ahead of time and then forgot to bid. This is a rare S2 Super. Only 52,500 made. Fifth rarest production H body, behind the S, AP, K, S1/H1 in that order. Only made for the Japanese market.

I am kicking myself.

PENTAX ASAHI CAMERA W/SUPER-TAKUMAR LEN+ CASE-JAPAN - eBay (item 370309402917 end time Dec-27-09 08:40:41 PST)

Well, it would have been a fixer anyway, though a nice opportunity. Hope the new owner knows what it is.

woof!

12-27-2009, 01:17 PM   #2

woof, for the unenlightened among us (like me), what differentiates an S2 Super from a garden variety S2?
12-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
woof, for the unenlightened among us (like me), what differentiates an S2 Super from a garden variety S2?
1/1000th shutter speed and a frame counter like the H1a/SV. That really is about it cosmetically, other than that there are a few less screws in the body. Frankly, it is mechanically roughly equivalent to an S3/H3, just a bit rarer. Nothing earth shattering. Just an interesting and relatively rare variant for someone who does not yet have one... for 12.00

The surprising thing is that it is more common than the S1/H1 but those come up relatively often. At any given time there is at least one S1/H1 floating around somewhere. Seems that because it was exclusively for the Japanese market most stayed there.

Seaain
12-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I did get hold of a chrome ES a few weeks back!

12-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

ouch, that went way too cheap.
12-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
ouch, that went way too cheap.
Apparently the seller didn't know it was a Super and only a few people know what one looks like since they don't say Super on them anywhere.