Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #1

Pentax Me is missing its shutter release button

Hi,

my Pentax Asahi Me is missing its shutter release button, does anyone know if thats fixable at all ?? or where that could be fixed?

thanks!

-Ashley

01-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, I have my for parts ME Super on my desk. Looked under the top cover, and I don't see how the button could fall off without something breaking. Granted there is a bit of a difference in this area since the Super adds the buttons and an "M" position, but I wouldn't expect it to be too different.

Options would probably be-
get a top cover from a parts camera and put it on your camera
send the camera in for a repair. Eric in TN Home is highly recommended around here. You could contact him and see if he has the parts for the repair.
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's probably cheaper to get a second ME body used - they're cheap as chips. I have one I tried to sell in the Marketplace recently that had no takers at $30 shipped.
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iridescentstripes Quote
Hi,

my Pentax Asahi Me is missing its shutter release button, does anyone know if thats fixable at all ?? or where that could be fixed?

thanks!

-Ashley
Hi Ashley,
If the camera is an ME and not an ME Super and if it's only the black ring that's missing I can send you one. Let me know.
Thanks,
Eric