Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax SuperProgram / Other film body parts interchangeable?

One of my beloved Super Program bodies has become damaged. Specifically, the little "arm" that connects to the aperture lever on the lens has become horribly bent. I'm not even sure how, but I managed to get a lens stuck on there and I was super worried that the lens would be damaged in trying to take it off.

Anyways. I'll post pics when I get a chance, but it seems to be a very "generic" part. Looking at the lens mount of the camera it looks like there are only two screws that hold this lever in place.

Someone locally has an MX for sale which is also broken. Does anyone know if I can transplant the aperture lever from the MX body to the Super Program body? Never having seen an MX I'm not sure myself.

Thanks for any info!
-10d

01-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know if they are compatible to each other, but to be honest, going through the trouble to swap those two parts, I'd rather getting another Super Program instead. Unless your Super Program got some sentimental value
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you can probably do better on a more similar and cheaper parts camera, as well. *peering inside Super A.* Doesn't look like too tough a job, offhand, though.

Maybe a Program Plus or a broken Super Program would be more likely to have just the identical part, though.
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I don't know if they are compatible to each other, but to be honest, going through the trouble to swap those two parts, I'd rather getting another Super Program instead. Unless your Super Program got some sentimental value
1+

I had a similar issue with my Ricoh XR7. Much as I loved the camera, it would not have been worth the $150 minimum to fix. Anything having to do with the lens couplings or mirror box is both complicated and expensive to correct. Instead, I got a replacement XR7 on eBay for $25 complete with two zooms. I traded the zooms for a CLA and have been a happy camper ever since.

Steve

P.S. My camera's coupler was damaged by mounting a defective lens...almost 25 years of use in all kinds of conditions only to be KO'd by a bad Zenitar...

P.P.S There are several nice looking Super Program bodies at auction on eBay right now including one at Henry's.

04-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
P.S. My camera's coupler was damaged by mounting a defective lens...almost 25 years of use in all kinds of conditions only to be KO'd by a bad Zenitar...
Im about to buy a 16mm Zenitar for my Super Program! Do you think there is a compability issue?