Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ektar for Birding

I was out walking the other day, with a roll of Ektar in my camera. Although I know that it should be among the worst films for Birding (being so slow) I couldn't help but try capturing a few of their pictures. I'm glad that I did.

Although I had about 4, out of 6 turn out, this is my favorite, and reminds me of a painting.

and a crop of the duck.

Other than re-sized, and converted from TIFF to JPG the shot is un-edited in any way (even in the lab)

The more that I use this film the more that I like it

01-25-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You did well. I like this shot. And panning with trees in the background often do not turn out good
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #3

Beautiful shot! I'll definitely be picking up Ektar soon, you all are making it look amazing.
01-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I probably should have mentioned, I was using a screwmount Pentacon 135mm f2.8, wide open. I haven't the faintest idea what the shutter speed was, however it was overcast conditions so it was slower than I would have usually wanted.

If I can find someone locally to develop it in a wet lab I might just get it done there.
The scan I did was a high res, 16 bit TIFF, so I imagine I could just print off a poster size.... but I'd like to see what a real enlargement looks like

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
You did well. I like this shot. And panning with trees in the background often do not turn out good
Thanks Jonson

QuoteOriginally posted by jzietman Quote
Beautiful shot! I'll definitely be picking up Ektar soon, you all are making it look amazing.
Thanks jzietman,
There's a good chance that you'll like Ektar, once you try it.
However, it sounds like taking it to anything other than Pro labs has inconsistent results.
So if you don't have a pro lab, in your area please do yourself a favor when you shoot it and send the rolls off to a trusted company like Dwayne's