Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2010, 02:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Camera/Lens Storage.

As I'm living in the tropics and can get quite humid/wet, I'm concerned about storing my newly acquired Pentax SLR camera/Lenses.

My plan is to use a lockable storage box with a styrofoam insert to hold the equipment, and then place a dehumidifier pot (the disposable kind from the supermarket) inside.
Is this suitable?? Or can somebody offer another solution.

Regards
Greg

01-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Forum Member

Where do you live? Usually in the tropical country, price of dry boxes are more affordable than those of North America & European countries are. Some dryboxes have electronic humidity and temperature control, and those are good for collectors who have a lot of lenses and equipment. For one or two cameras with small collection of lenses, go for a tight container with (refreshable) silica packs and put your own hygrometer/temp (like this this or this)
01-31-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A tight sealed box with a supermarket dehumidifer should be plenty, since the amount of humidity in the air contained int he box will be very small.
I liked Rubbermaid boxes, but if you do not plan to open it too often some duct tape to seal maybe a good idea.

Roam your local hotels for americans/europeans leaving the country
they sometimes want to get rid of their Pelikan cases or other wet/dry boxes.
01-31-2010, 03:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks a lot guys,