Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

Super Program Winder Drive Cap/Cover

I have two Super Programs (and a film winder), and so far I've never seen any SP with a cover or cap over the winder drive hole, even though the manual refers to it. What's the deal here? Is this a mystery part that only existed on special order, or do these covers just fail to stay on properly? Aside from clear packaging tape, is there any creative way to make a proper removable plug that doesn't interfere with tripod use? I can't be the first one to wonder...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
02-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Super Program doesn't take a cover. The earlier ME and ME Super do, but that "feature" was discontinued. The manual is wrong on this point.
02-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
The Super Program doesn't take a cover. The earlier ME and ME Super do, but that "feature" was discontinued. The manual is wrong on this point.
Funky! Thanks for the reply. Now I won't have the feeling that something is missing.
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Forum Member

What were they smoking?

I was dismayed to learn this. I wonder what the engineers at Pentax were smoking when they decided no cover was needed.

04-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ziggy7 Quote
I was dismayed to learn this. I wonder what the engineers at Pentax were smoking when they decided no cover was needed.
that most people would want to use a winder, and the distinct 'hole' in the bottom of their body would compel them to shell out the bucks for one, instead of covering it up with a little metal cap.

a majority of pentax film cameras that used a winder, have this cap missing anyway. (if it ever had one)
04-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All this time I thought the two I had were just missing the covers. Had I known this, I would have charged more for them. Original condition....