Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #1

ME Super lens compatibility

I am reclaiming a near mint condition ME Super of 1982 vintage and I want to add a couple of lenses, primarily a 200mm telephoto. I am not sure what style mount works with the ME Super, although I think it is the K mount. I see information about adapters and screw mounts and MA mounts and all sorts of info so could someone please give me a basic primer on what to look for when choosing a mount for the ME Super? I am primarily looking on E-Bay but need to do a little research before bidding on things I am not sure will work. Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

02-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Let me google that for you.
02-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NRV Shooter Quote
I am reclaiming a near mint condition ME Super of 1982 vintage and I want to add a couple of lenses, primarily a 200mm telephoto. I am not sure what style mount works with the ME Super, although I think it is the K mount. I see information about adapters and screw mounts and MA mounts and all sorts of info so could someone please give me a basic primer on what to look for when choosing a mount for the ME Super? I am primarily looking on E-Bay but need to do a little research before bidding on things I am not sure will work. Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The camera has a K-mount.

All genuine Pentax K-mount lenses will fit, except for FA J, DA, DA L and DA* lenses.

Third party K-mount lenses designed for film cameras will also fit.

Genuine Pentax K-mount lens names are explained here:
Pentax Lenses Explained

M42 screw mount lenses will fit wirh an adapter:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/3800-can-i-use-m42-s...ns-reflex.html

Our lens review database would be a good place to start browsing for lenses:
Pentax Lens Review and Specification Database - Main Index

I'd recommend the PENTAX A, M and K series lenses in particular, in other words the non-autofocus lenses, because they are better suited for manual focusing.

Last edited by Ole; 02-22-2010 at 09:10 PM.
02-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #4

As to 200mm lenses, the SMC-M 200mm f4 is a nice lens. Not spectacular but certainly very good. And a low price.

02-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #5

Original Poster
Ole and dandaniel, thanks for the clear, concise responses to my question. I did the google thing but was still not clear on what works. I know I will have more questions as time passes and I appreciate knowing I can come to this forum for knowledgeable, courteous help.