Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Have you shot any through your 45n-2?
Not 4x5 at those prices plus a couple of bucks more per sheet for processing! I will have to do a lot more practicing with the camera before I start running the more expensive sheet film through. Right now I am waiting for Freestyle to get additional stock of Arista-edu 100 B&W. At about $0.50 per sheet, that is more my speed at present. I won't move up the price scale until I get my technique down a little better. I am still having far too many "dark slide" incidents.

Despite the dark-slide issues and double-exposure adventures, I did take a smaller risk and currently have have two rolls of 120 Ektar 100 loaded up in the roll film holders. We will see how they turn out.

Steve

04-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Not 4x5 at those prices plus a couple of bucks more per sheet for processing! I will have to do a lot more practicing with the camera before I start running the more expensive sheet film through. Right now I am waiting for Freestyle to get additional stock of Arista-edu 100 B&W. At about $0.50 per sheet, that is more my speed at present. I won't move up the price scale until I get my technique down a little better. I am still having far too many "dark slide" incidents.

Despite the dark-slide issues and double-exposure adventures, I did take a smaller risk and currently have have two rolls of 120 Ektar 100 loaded up in the roll film holders. We will see how they turn out.

Steve
Yeah, kinda pricey for testing purposes, but not too bad. Make sure and post your results in the film shots thread!
04-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yeah, it came up. I have a 220 magazine for my Mamiya, which mostly serves as a kind of emergency-reload should I be carrying just that Mamiya and anything were to get hectic. I'd just keep some Tri-X 220 around.
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but if we are talking about a 645 220 insert, it is a simple matter of removing 2 screws to convert it into a 120 insert.