Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
Forum Member

My new Pentax Super A

I just bought this beauty on Ebay. I didn't need it, but I couldn't resist. It was love at first sight!

Attached Images

03-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ziggy7, congrats on the new SuperA. I just picked up a couple SuperPrograms on the forum here and I've really enjoyed shooting that body a lot. Just wish I had a little more time to spend shooting them at this point.

Enjoy,
Kevin
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice! The Super Program is my favourite film body I have used so far, and I would like to get a SuperA to check out the "differences" one day That looks to be a nice neat one
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

is that thing brand new?

congratulation.

03-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #5

Sweet! I have a Super Program and it's a nice camera. You will enjoy the Super A.
03-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #6

I was watching this one too

Congratulations - I was looking at that one too but in the end it went too high for me. The Super A is a great camera, the only Pentax film body that I think is better than the Super A is the LX.

The prices for Super A's on Ebay seem to have risen dramatically recently. Do you think it's because people are just starting to realise what a great little camera it is????
03-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Black cameras usually bring more $

The Super program is the same camera in silver, and goes for way less on Ebay. Black cameras usually bring a lot more. I the case of the Super A, it was not sold in the USA for some silly reason. I bought this one from a seller in England. I was willing to pay so much because of the amazing condition, and it was still way cheaper than an LX.

I've always wanted an LX, but I finally decided that they are just too expensive. I also have heard about electrical problems with the LX in addition to the well known sticky mirror syndrome.
03-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Great camera
I thought the SuperA was the european verison of the super-program... since I have a ProgramA which was the program-plus in the US

03-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Super A and Super Program are the same

The only difference is the color. Super program was the US model, but I prefer black cameras so I bought the Super A version. I suspect the camera makers use different model numbers and colors in the USA to combat gray market sales.
03-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Always had a soft spot for this model: I got a chance to get hold of a charmingly-brassed Super A, myself, and I just like the color.

Not that they don't look pretty sharp in chrome, too: they're just a sharp-looking camera. I like the Super A name better, too, possibly cause I got a little tired of people coming into the shop looking for a Program mode and saying, "Is it programmable?"

I guess it was supposed to sound cool in the 80's and all, it was the new thing. The different colors and names may also have been a fighting-the-grey-market/ USA warranty issues measure.
03-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I guess it was supposed to sound cool in the 80's and all, it was the new thing. The different colors and names may also have been a fighting-the-grey-market/ USA warranty issues measure.
If it's released a few years ago, it'd be Super X. If it's last year, it'd be Super 7
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
Pentaxian

My Super Program is my favorite MF film body...as far as I know the Super Program and Super A were identical.

I would love to have a black Super A/Program, but that's a dream for when I have money.
03-31-2010, 04:28 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I also have a black Super A, it is my favorite film body . The only thing I wish Pentax could have done better is that its shutter is not as quite as ME Super's.