Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Soft cases

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Quite a lame question, but I'd thank any answers. I just got an MX, and I was wondering what would be the correct original soft case. Is it the same as the one for the ME or ME Super bodies?

03-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Pentax price list I have from 1978 has a different part number for the MX case and the ME/ME Super case. They may be so close in size and looks that it might be hard to tell them apart.
Phil.
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Phil, doing a little research I found there's a millimetric difference between bodies. I was able to get an ME super case, but looks like it won't fit.
03-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The MX case is unique; the ME/ME Super cases will not fit.

By now most or the original Pentax M-series cases have disintegrated due to the poor materials used.
I bought a very good knockoff of the original Pentax MX eveready case from a Korean seller on eBay.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 04-09-2010 at 01:21 PM.
04-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, most of the cases for the lens were made from poor quality materials, and if they last longer 10 years, I will be surprised. More often than not, these cases will disintegrated. I remember 2 cases, one a Asahi Pentax case and another Super takumar case, both slowly rot and cannot be used again. Now, the two lenses are kept in 2 separate pouches.
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Well, no one get your hopes up too much, but I may have seen one, recently, at a local pawnshop. (If I recall, the ME and MX neverready cases look much alike? Are they marked in any way?)

If i'm remembering where I saw it correctly, (Which is not always the best bet around me) I think I could find it again if anyone wants.

I can't promise, but I can go back and look.
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one like I bought: Pentax MX eveready case on eBay

Not cheap, but an excellent copy of the original Pentax MX case.
The same case is available from several Korean eBay sellers.

Chris

04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I bought a case for my Canonet from a Korean Ebay seller and it was top notch.
They also sell a case for the MX. LINK
They shipped quickly and the quality was good.
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I actually just got a NIB case for a KX/KM that is perfect, still in the original plastic bag 35 years later. I also have the same case I bought for my first KX 35 years ago that is also still in perfect shape.

The camera strap from the NIB one did have the dreaded rot, where the black dye starts to rub off and flake.

Phil.