Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

Optech strap for MX, Super A?

I don't like the metal strap rings that came with my MX amd Super A because they can scratch up the covering on the body. Has anyone tried the Optech Pro Loop straps? If I remove the original metal rings, will the loop straps fit through the holes in the strap studs on the cameras? If not, any other suggestions?

04-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ziggy7 Quote
I don't like the metal strap rings that came with my MX amd Super A because they can scratch up the covering on the body. Has anyone tried the Optech Pro Loop straps? If I remove the original metal rings, will the loop straps fit through the holes in the strap studs on the cameras? If not, any other suggestions?
I believe they're supposed to be able to do just that. I use some Optech straps, though I've avoided the loops in favor of rings. I just use leather washers.

I think Mel here has used the loop links, I don't know if she cares for them much, but they should be plenty for a little camera like the ones you're talking about.

I do like the Pro Straps, (pretty sure that's what they call them. I call them 'boomerangs'. ) Like them pretty well, but the straps themselves may be a bit much for those cameras, unless maybe you use big lenses and/or winders: they do have smaller kinds.
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ziggy7 Quote
I have Optech Pro Loop on all of my camera bodies. The answer is no. Without the metal rings (or whatever you call the triangular thingy), the Pro Loop won't fit.

I use a piece of leather (similar to the ones that come with the K7) around or under each of the metal rings to prevent scratching.