Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #1

winder me problem

Hello...I just acquired a mint condition Super ME + winder. However, the
battery holder will not slide out of the winder body...it's stuck in there hard.
Does anyone have any suggestions to free the holder. Thanks

04-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnk Quote
Hello...I just acquired a mint condition Super ME + winder. However, the
battery holder will not slide out of the winder body...it's stuck in there hard.
Does anyone have any suggestions to free the holder. Thanks
I'm going to suspect battery corrosion being responsible. (Does it feel like there's some in there?) Those battery holders are kind of notorious for getting loose, though, so you may be coping with someone's idea of how to make it say on, as well.

If the catch on the end will operate, (it should go *downward,*) something is probably making the little tracks that let the battery holder slide hang up. (this goes directly to the shooter's left, no push or pull up or down) You can probably free this by dropping a bit of some solution in the cracks, (maybe start with alcohol: baking soda in solution may be needed,) ...keep the winder pretty upright while doing so, (if I'm right about the batteries, what's below is going to be messed-up, anyway, needing cleaning or a fix, but the works may be OK above. You may find it saveable, it may just make sense to find another winder. )

Also protect your hands (and eyes, just for thoroughness' sake) : if it's batteries it'll be icky.

Also see if anyone has any other suggestions I'm not seeing before trying.
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I'd also wager the batteries have leaked and cemented the battery holder in place.
If so, it will likely be unrepairable or not cost effective to repair.

I see keh.com lists the Winder ME for $9.00 and Winder ME 2 for $15.00...

Chris