Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Compatable flash...?

Thank you all for the feedback on selecting the SLR, my MZ-10 is shipped, should be here next week, feel like a kid again (16-17 years since I held the film in my hand), bought the first few rolls of ILFORD XP Super, can't wait to shoot a few to see how badly I learned to rely on digital

My question is about the flash, MZ-10 (ZX-10) is TTL, correct? If so, would there be any issues using my 540-FGZ in TTL mode on this body?

Regards,
D

07-19-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Thank you all for the feedback on selecting the SLR, my MZ-10 is shipped, should be here next week, feel like a kid again (16-17 years since I held the film in my hand), bought the first few rolls of ILFORD XP Super, can't wait to shoot a few to see how badly I learned to rely on digital

My question is about the flash, MZ-10 (ZX-10) is TTL, correct? If so, would there be any issues using my 540-FGZ in TTL mode on this body?

Regards,
D
According to page 61 of the manual for the AF540FGZ, your MZ is supported by the 540 in "TTL" mode. So, it should be no problem to use it.

Just remember, you can't "chimp" with a film camera. No matter how hard you try or how many times you look at the back of the camera, it just can't be done.

Cheers,

Ed
07-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
LOL Thats why I'm wondering how would the first roll will turn out I'm fairly comfortable with using "all manual" exposure settings and use them about 50% of the time on K10D/K100D, but still, there is such thing as "exposure test" with immediate preview on digital

I can't find the manual, moved recently, so many things are still in the boxes... So thank you very much for the info on the flash, great to know that I don't have to buy any additional pieces. And I should be able to use my Lester Dine ring flash on it too I guess (came with their "Dental Dine/Kiron" macro lens set).

Regards,
D