Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #16

Original Poster
what series of slr can you recommend?

04-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
ME Super has highest viewfinder magnification which is great for manual focus, but its screen is fixed so make sure it is not damaged if buying one. The MX share the same high vf magnification with user interchangable screen. It is my favour but as they are getting really old now, trying to keep the mechanical shutter accurate enough for slides will be a challange. If you don't mind something bulky, the Z-1p/PZ-1p is a workhorse, just that the plastic bottom is prone to crack and the viewfinder eyepiece is prone to scratch & flare. The MZ-S is also worth considered because it was being introduced so close to the DSLR era, most of them got little used and mint condition ones can be found easily. The con is that the MZ-S has pretty low vf magnification and quite hard to manual focus accurately. But if I were to buy one for manual focus today, I would probably go for the Super A/Program which has ok vf magnification, but its user removeable screen (not interchangable though) means I can keep the vf clean. The con is that its default screen is dim so it is best for fast primes.
04-14-2010, 06:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I double on ME Super. It is my dearest friend, and my most quiet camera.

Octav