Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

The MV and MV1 are nice simple cameras. The only thing missing is the aperture/shutter info, IMO.

04-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Agreed. Although I can live without either for most scenarios. When you think about it, Av is a good default mode. I shot the whole roll without a single exposure screw up. I did get two blurred low light exposures but they were experimental...just to see if the shutter was really compensating. The shutter is so clean, there's hardly an audible difference between 100 and 1000. No manual mode killed these models, I'm sure.
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
This is my new favorite 35mm SLR.
There is a local cop who has an ME Super with two lenses for me. I keep missing him but, when we do meet up, maybe the ME will be my new favorite.
There's a good chance that it will!
04-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
Veteran Member

There is a local cop who has an ME Super with two lenses for me. I keep missing him but, when we do meet up, maybe the ME will be my new favorite....
I have both ME and MV1, and I like ME better because it has shutter info on the screen. ME Super will be even better as you can set shutter speeds manually.

04-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I picked up that ME Super today. It's jammed up pretty good. I did manage to get it to actuate a couple of times. The shutter speed was very slow even on auto (where that switch is jammed). Like 1/4 or so. I put batteries in it and the meter and LED's seem to function.
When I picked it up, the mirror was up. Now, after playing with it, the mirror is down but the shutter won't fire. I can wind it and wind it and only two or three times I got it to cock and shoot.

I got a SMC 50mm f1.7 with it and a Star-D 80-205mm f4.5 zoom. Also a Pentax camera bag and a funky old Aztec pattern retro camera strap

All for $25!
04-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #21
Forum Member

I picked up that ME Super today. It's jammed up pretty good. I did manage to get it to actuate a couple of times. The shutter speed was very slow even on auto (where that switch is jammed). Like 1/4 or so. I put batteries in it and the meter and LED's seem to function.
When I picked it up, the mirror was up. Now, after playing with it, the mirror is down but the shutter won't fire. I can wind it and wind it and only two or three times I got it to cock and shoot.

I got a SMC 50mm f1.7 with it and a Star-D 80-205mm f4.5 zoom. Also a Pentax camera bag and a funky old Aztec pattern retro camera strap

All for $25!
The problem is a rubber part placed at the side of the mirror cage. You have to remove the cage from the rest of the body and remove this aged part (which has just a damping function, and can be safely removed). Its a bit tricky to get into that part of the camera, but it can be done. Be careful with the electronics and the soldering!

The lens only (if its in good condition) is worth more than $25, so it seems like a good deal!

Good luck