Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Looking for another modern film SLR.

Hmm... can someone name me the models with the auto loading and rewinding? Maybe can include a battery grip too? Doesn't matter if it can use DA lenses or not.

EDIT: ALSO... what is your favourite auto film SLR?

04-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NecroticSoldier Quote
Hmm... can someone name me the models with the auto loading and rewinding? Maybe can include a battery grip too? Doesn't matter if it can use DA lenses or not.

EDIT: ALSO... what is your favourite auto film SLR?
PentaxForums.com - Pentax Camera Reviews

MZ/ZX. Anything that will run on CR2 batteries will take the Fg grip, except the MZ-S and the *ist. The MZ/ZX-M is also autowind.

I have several but the two in current use are the MZ-S and the ZX-L. I also have a ZX-10, ZX-M and a PZ-10 that I haven't tried yet. The PZ cameras take a 2CR5 battery that is rather expensive.

If you want auto-wind (and not auto focus) you could also go with an ME Super, MX, Super Program (or one of it's descendants) and put a winder on it.

04-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
PentaxForums.com - Pentax Camera Reviews

MZ/ZX. Anything that will run on CR2 batteries will take the Fg grip, except the MZ-S and the *ist. The MZ/ZX-M is also autowind.

I have several but the two in current use are the MZ-S and the ZX-L. I also have a ZX-10, ZX-M and a PZ-10 that I haven't tried yet. The PZ cameras take a 2CR5 battery that is rather expensive.

If you want auto-wind (and not auto focus) you could also go with an ME Super, MX, Super Program (or one of it's descendants) and put a winder on it.

Eh... the MX or ME-SUPER is too close to my K1000 ;P.

Yeah, probably CR2 would be the best... but... wished it had AAs... (Never used CR2s in my life probably...)

Hmm... this FG grip... it's just one model that fits all? That's sweet, hope it goes for cheap too ;/. Auto focus! Auto Focus ;DDDDDDD that's my answer to everything 80% of the time... but then again... how fast can these old cameras autofocus? and how accurately? I might just use manual all day though. I would get most of my "auto" kicks from the wind and rewinding.
04-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NecroticSoldier Quote
Eh... the MX or ME-SUPER is too close to my K1000 ;P.

Yeah, probably CR2 would be the best... but... wished it had AAs... (Never used CR2s in my life probably...)

Hmm... this FG grip... it's just one model that fits all? That's sweet, hope it goes for cheap too ;/. Auto focus! Auto Focus ;DDDDDDD that's my answer to everything 80% of the time... but then again... how fast can these old cameras autofocus? and how accurately? I might just use manual all day though. I would get most of my "auto" kicks from the wind and rewinding.

That's what the Fg grip is for and it's all it does. Hold 4 AA batteries. The grips can be had for $10-$20 or so.

They focus fast and accurate enough for me..

04-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
That's what the Fg grip is for and it's all it does. Hold 4 AA batteries. The grips can be had for $10-$20 or so.

They focus fast and accurate enough for me..

Hmm.. I see I see! So I would technically only need to change the AAs and not the CR2s? Thanks man. Hope to get one when I have the money... wonder how much do MZ-6s go for with kit lens or something?
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Inactive Account

No CR2 needed. Use the same batteries you use in your Kx, flash, etc..

04-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks really cool man, thanks ;D.