Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

How much would you pay for this?

Found a listing on my local craigslist for

2x K1000
50mm
80-205mm

Not sure if the lenses are Pentax or third party or the condition of any of it. Let's just say for the purpose of making this easier...that all of it is in at least good condition with no major flaws. What would you pay for it?

The asking price on the whole lot is $75...if it's a good enough of a deal I may purchase the lot and resell and hopefully make a few bucks.

04-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
Found a listing on my local craigslist for

2x K1000
50mm
80-205mm

Not sure if the lenses are Pentax or third party or the condition of any of it. Let's just say for the purpose of making this easier...that all of it is in at least good condition with no major flaws. What would you pay for it?

The asking price on the whole lot is $75...if it's a good enough of a deal I may purchase the lot and resell and hopefully make a few bucks.
The 50 (if I found the right one) looks like the typical M50 f2.0. The zoom looks like a third party two touch zoom. Depending on the actual condition of course, I could see making a few dollars off of the lot. It won't make you rich though. Best time to sell K1000 cameras is at the start of a school year or semester when art/film students are looking for cameras.

04-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think I'll pass on it then.....I got an email back from him already and the zoom is a vivitar zoom...the 50 is a true pentax but he didn't say which version...I'm certain it's probably the 50 M
04-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Banned

what is the reason for possibly purchasing the lot?

04-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Inactive Account

I think I'll pass on it then.....I got an email back from him already and the zoom is a vivitar zoom...the 50 is a true pentax but he didn't say which version...I'm certain it's probably the 50 M
I was going to guess Vivitar but wasn't sure. People who run these ads should learn to take pictures. You can post 4 photos in a CL ad, hosted by Craigslist and I fail to see why the people do not. I guess his picture works as a negative space photo with the nice bright window in the background.

Probably a wise choice to pass on it.

04-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
I was going to guess Vivitar but wasn't sure. People who run these ads should learn to take pictures. You can post 4 photos in a CL ad, hosted by Craigslist and I fail to see why the people do not. I guess his picture works as a negative space photo with the nice bright window in the background.

Probably a wise choice to pass on it.

He had a single picture but you couldn't really see anything. I guess maybe his photography skills were lacking and decided to sell it?

Here is the picture...Jeff it's really amazing how you had it pretty much spot on...LOL

Last edited by timstone; 04-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
Inactive Account

He had a single picture but you couldn't really see anything. I guess maybe his photography skills were lacking and decided to sell it?

Here is the picture...Jeff it's really amazing how you had it pretty much spot on...LOL
Now I know I found the right one.. I've been at this a little while and a lot of my lenses have come from similar sales or money from reselling.