Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member
henryjing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 467
Where to develop Fujichrome Velvia RVP 100

Any suggestions?

04-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
MBrannon's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 135
I'd suggest buying some prepaid mailers from B&H. Right now they're $5.39 each. That price includes processing, mounting and postage back to you. Just fill out the labels, drop your film in, use stamps and drop it in the mail box. In about a week and a half they'll be back in your mail box. They go straight to Fuji labs (Dwayne's in Parsons KS) for processing, and they do a beautiful job. That's about the best and least expensive way I've found so far, and I highly recommend them.
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member
henryjing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 467
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MBrannon Quote
I'd suggest buying some prepaid mailers from B&H. Right now they're $5.39 each. That price includes processing, mounting and postage back to you. Just fill out the labels, drop your film in, use stamps and drop it in the mail box. In about a week and a half they'll be back in your mail box. They go straight to Fuji labs (Dwayne's in Parsons KS) for processing, and they do a beautiful job. That's about the best and least expensive way I've found so far, and I highly recommend them.
Could you give me a link, please? Thx.
04-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
MBrannon's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 135
Here you go:

Film Processing Mailers

04-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Why bother with the mailers, I go straight to Dwayne's. Download the order form, visit the post office... and voila!
A trusted name in photo processing for over 50 years - Dwayne's Photo

Dwayne's does pretty good scans too, if that's your taste.
04-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
MBrannon's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 135
I just took a look at their order sheet for processing, and it says $6.99 for 24 exposure, and $8.50 a roll for 36 exposure, plus it looks like you pay $4.50 a roll shipping. I don't know how they do it, but the mailers are $5.39 each and it covers processing, mounting and return postage. Hmmmm....... That's strange.

Last edited by MBrannon; 04-18-2010 at 01:38 PM.
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Ha, I never checked. If the mailer is cheaper, what am I doing?!
04-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Veteran Member
henryjing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 467
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Ha, I never checked. If the mailer is cheaper, what am I doing?!
Is that safe to offer your information of credit card on an order form?
And do they process the Fuji RVP 100?

04-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
I had RVP 100 developed by them, and they did a great job. Also, last time I sent them something I paid by paypal - when they got the film, they emailed me a bill and link to their paypal. Couldn't be simpler & safer.
04-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member
henryjing's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 467
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I had RVP 100 developed by them, and they did a great job. Also, last time I sent them something I paid by paypal - when they got the film, they emailed me a bill and link to their paypal. Couldn't be simpler & safer.
That's nice. I will do it tomorrow! Thx
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to develop the film in U.S. henryjing Pentax Film SLR Discussion 11 04-24-2010 06:39 PM
Develop your own. keyser Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 18 01-27-2010 02:41 PM
New Velvia 50 vs old Velvia 50 surfotog Pentax Medium Format 6 07-27-2009 09:00 AM
DA 40mm Ltd... on 35 mm Fuji Velvia 100 knyghtfall Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 04-26-2008 05:47 PM
Velvia 50 HawaiianOnline Pentax Film SLR Discussion 3 11-29-2007 11:23 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top