Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
ME Super - mirror locked

Hallo,
I bought 2 ME Super for the price of 1 but one of them has the mirror locked up.
Could you tell me what could depend on, and if a problem is solved easily?

Thank you
Luca

Last edited by ellepi; 04-22-2010 at 02:22 PM.
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

There are lots of reasons that the mirror might be locked up. On my working ME Super, the mirror occasionally stays up (with the shutter open, as well) after taking a shot in Auto mode. I found that turning the selector to Manual mode causes it to reset itself and continue to work in Auto mode.

I don't know if that could have anything to do with your problem. I don't know how long your camera has been sitting, or if this condition would drain the batteries or how long that would take. Its possible it happened to the seller and he/she just removed the film and sold it. Try putting it in Manual mode.

If that doesn't work, which frankly, it probably won't, then something more serious is wrong.

Eric Hendrickson at Home is the guru for all things Pentax, but to be honest, ME Supers are so cheap that it may not be worth sending it to him.
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Paul.
The problem of the blocked mirror is not the only. The loading lever is loose.
The seller told me that the 2 problems are contextual. He turned the loading lever, this is hanged and he forced the issue.
04-22-2010, 12:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ellepi Quote
Thank you Paul.
The problem of the blocked mirror is not the only. The loading lever is loose.
The seller told me that the 2 problems are contextual. He turned the loading lever, this is hanged and he forced the issue.
If you have got 2 ME Supers then there may not be any harm in trying to fix one of them yourself. You don't have anything to lose.

This may help you
Pentax ME Super instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals