Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
You only got 40? My counter stopped and I kept going to 45 . They were all blank, but I got 45 of 'em. I'll second Steve's comment to Spystyle: Don't feel bad. We've all been there and done that. You've done it now, have the t-shirt, and hopefully have gotten it out of your system. Sometimes you have happy accidents with the film advance and end up with stuff like this...

Maybe you should be grateful your film came back blank... <g>.

Best,
Kevin
That's what happens when you leave the leader out and forget that you've already exposed the film, or the film doesn't advance, or you forget that you've set up for double exposure.

I use to have a Bolex H8 8mm movie camera that my father had given me. To use the camera you load the film and shoot through the roll. Then Flip the roll and shoot again. The lab then would process the roll, split it, and then splice it end to end. My first roll in that camera I forgot that I had already done the one side. Exposed it again.. Pretty interesting watching a double exposed 8mm film, trying to figure out what was what. Unfortunately, that second exposure was my first and most involved attempt at animation .

04-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ouch...all that work. Well, it's the kind of mistake you make once (hopefullly). I'm not unhappy with the photograph above - film advance ended up slipping. I reloaded the film in the dark and ended up with 20 normal exposures and this one out of a roll of 24.

A hearty thank you to all for being willing to share your "foul up" stories. It's really nice to know I'm not alone.

Best,
Kevin
04-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
We are not the only goofy shooters
04-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Ouch...all that work. Well, it's the kind of mistake you make once (hopefullly). I'm not unhappy with the photograph above - film advance ended up slipping. I reloaded the film in the dark and ended up with 20 normal exposures and this one out of a roll of 24.

A hearty thank you to all for being willing to share your "foul up" stories. It's really nice to know I'm not alone.

Best,
Kevin
I didn't have the ambition to try it again at that level.. Besides, I was 13 or 14 at the time and 8mm color film was quite expensive at the time.

I've been in the middle of rewinding a roll of film, been distracted for some reason, and later went back and reshot half the roll (days or weeks later). Been there done that...

Live and learn.