Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2010, 07:42 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Professionals use black bodies. They take better pictures.

Chris

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
i always thought chrome looks better, why do people prefer black? more rare.. or i suppose they like the look better ?

05-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

how much did the black sv cost you?
$35 plus shipping.

i always thought chrome looks better, why do people prefer black? more rare.. or i suppose they like the look better ?
With the pre-Spotties, the black is less common. It makes a very compact and sleek camera look more sleek in person. There were more black Spotmatics than AP, K, S, S3, S1a, SV etc. I actually have a late chrome SV as well. It has to do with collecting for me as well. For example, I have a chrome ES which is far less common than a black Spot F.
05-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Professionals use black bodies. They take better pictures.

Chris
Actually, many of the same vintage bodies from other manufacturers that were adopted by news services etc. were black, namely Nikon. However, Pentax was one of the 1st if not the first to offer an all black SLR. The had a black AP and S when Nikon and Canon were still marketing rangefinder bodies. However, the were "special" order. Nikon made it standard.