Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2009, 11:50 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sifun Quote
Would love to have them use better video compression such as h264 and autofocus during video. I can only dream
Isn't h264 very difficult to edit? Would be nice as an option though.

12-20-2009, 02:39 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I don't think its difficult to edit, it just is prone to more artifacts and can't be pushed as much. It is largely dependent on the implementation of h264.

I think many K-x users won't be doing much PP of videos, however. I did find out that custom image settings affects video which is cool
12-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I donīt know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but as of now every single photo Iīve taken in the range of 1/100th to 1/200th seconds shutter speed has displayed distinct motion blur. This does not occur with SR turned off, so itīs clearly a problem with the SR overcompensating at these speeds. This may not be a problem for all samples, but it would be nice if Pentax would investigate and get it cleared up.
12-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
indeed annoying, especially since the K-x doesn't have a SR switch. what focal length?

A fix would be great, but at least a disable SR at shutter speeds faster than 1/FL*1.5 or something customizable would be useful (though I doubt they'd do that). Maybe green button SR?

01-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #50

I'd like a new green button function "Estimate Aperture" for use with M42 and KM lenses.

The user would set the desired aperture on the aperture ring and press "Estimate Aperture".

The camera would estimate exposure wide open, stop down the lens, and estimate the new exposure. From that it could estimate and remember the difference between the selected aperture and wide open.

All subsequent shots would use the aperture selected on the aperture ring, using an estimated exposure based in part on the remembered aperture difference.

The user would be responsible for pressing "Estimate Aperture" after every time they change the aperture ring.

This would seem to work for prime and fixed maximum aperture zooms. For variable maximum aperture zooms, the user might need to also press "Estimate Exposure" after every zoom change as well.
01-23-2010, 04:27 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 for Timelapse - would not worry me so much but there are no standard IR remotes that do it for you. Have done some manually and its very tedious.

Also I find that after a shot I am always accidentally resizing post shot view with thumbwheel (trying to change apperture / shutter for next shot). I know I can turn off showing images after a shot but this is quite handy. I would be quite happy if the preview thumbwheel scaling could be turned off (not something I would normally use anyway).
01-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh and a bigger one I know many are longing for:

Being able to select Self Timer (and / or remote) in HDR mode. This is really annoying - there is a risk of moving the camera currently.

01-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
I donīt know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but as of now every single photo Iīve taken in the range of 1/100th to 1/200th seconds shutter speed has displayed distinct motion blur. This does not occur with SR turned off, so itīs clearly a problem with the SR overcompensating at these speeds. This may not be a problem for all samples, but it would be nice if Pentax would investigate and get it cleared up.
i have the same problem with you my friends, so basically some k-x units have faulty SR timings..
01-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #54
Veteran Member

AF Point Confirmations

Enhancement Request #45576:

I would love to be able to see which specific AF point/s were selected in the viewfinder when focus lock is attained.

This seems like something that could be fixed via a firmware update but I could be very wrong.

Sam

(Sorry to state such an obvious one!)
01-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Oh and a bigger one I know many are longing for:

Being able to select Self Timer (and / or remote) in HDR mode. This is really annoying - there is a risk of moving the camera currently.
Seriously. If there is anything you should be able to do with a tripod and a timer it's an HDR pic. That was the first thing I noticed when I tried HDR mode. I'm sure everyone else did, too.
01-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #56
Inactive Account

I just updated to 1.01 and I still can't get a set of freshly charged NiMHs to power up the camera! (Yes, I checked the version after performing the update.)

I think I'm just going to stick with NiZn cells. The camera seems to like them. I just hope it doesn't explode.
01-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #57

I wish the 2 second timer could be used with the Shake Reduction ON, not off. I do this a lot with my point-and-shoot cameras. If I'm not using a tripod it really helps to eliminate movement as I press the shutter button. At least make it a menu option.
01-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #58
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Graystar Quote
I just updated to 1.01 and I still can't get a set of freshly charged NiMHs to power up the camera!
Was a false alarm. One of the four was on its way out. It still works in my 2-cell compact camera, but it won't power-up the K-x. I replaced it and the camera powered up.
02-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #59
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
Seriously. If there is anything you should be able to do with a tripod and a timer it's an HDR pic. That was the first thing I noticed when I tried HDR mode. I'm sure everyone else did, too.
Yes, very frustrating. Just to get you to buy a remote???
I tried a live chat at Pentax - would be nice if my suggestion helps... copy of it below:

"Jeffrey R: Thank you for contacting Pentax Chat Support. How may I help you?
Tim Abbott: Is there a way to use the self timer with HDR?
Jeffrey R: no, only single frame shooting or remote control mode is available.
Jeffrey R: when you have the camera set to shoot HDR images
Tim Abbott: Can this be fixed by a firmware update?
Jeffrey R: It's not a problem. The camera is supposed to disable the other drive modes to allow for HDR. I doubt they will change that in a firmware upgrade.
Tim Abbott: So if I want a steady pic i'll need to buy a remote? Doesn't seem right... we need an update for this.
Jeffrey R: I'll make a note of your suggestion. "

We'll see what happens
02-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #60

QuoteQuote:
I would love to be able to see which specific AF point/s were selected in the viewfinder when focus lock is attained.

This seems like something that could be fixed via a firmware update but I could be very wrong.
This is very much a hardware issue. The cameras that can do this have a transmissive LCD screen in the viewfinder. Pentax does not use this, on the grounds that it reduces light. It's a trade off really.