Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
pentax k7 2 left at tristate on ebay
Posted By: metungnasi, 06-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Hey guys pentax k7 at tristate camera on ebay is $808.90 minus 8%bing cashback will be down to $744.18,. plus if you have ebay bucks , thats additional 2%. total for me after bing and ebay cashbacks is $728.01. There are only 2 left at this price. Just letting know whoever is interested. Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-K7-K-7-17811-Pro-Digital-SLR-Camera-BODY-NEW-/390...item5ad9c7d12a

Last edited by metungnasi; 06-04-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Views: 5,899
06-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to price watch.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #3

is tri state reliable? or they may sell gray market things? i didnt see they mentioned any warranty info on the webpage.
06-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shang Quote
is tri state reliable? or they may sell gray market things? i didnt see they mentioned any warranty info on the webpage.
They have been around forever. I have never bought from them, but in 20+ years I can remember them being around I have not heard anything negative about them.

06-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I just decided to get it instead of buying a used one on ebay which will cost me the same thing. They said its brand new, and sealed. Ive seen them for a while which they do have a good feedback from their customers.
06-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by metungnasi Quote
I just decided to get it instead of buying a used one on ebay which will cost me the same thing. They said its brand new, and sealed. Ive seen them for a while which they do have a good feedback from their customers.
If the K-7 is anything like the K-x, there is no 'sealing.' You can't tell if it were used/opened as long as it was put back together well.

I bought my K-x from Tri-State, they often have the lowest prices but they're not the most honest folks around. They've been known to repackage returned cameras as brand new. My K-x looked new but it had a shutter count of 400+ according to PhotoME, that's way too many according to a Pentax rep. I wouldn't be surprised if it were used as a display model, perhaps. The reviews on reseller ratings pretty much echo my sentiment.

I ended up just keeping the K-x. Those NYC based Jewish photo stores like Adorama and B&H have all been known to occasionally repackage things as brand new. The items work and everything but it's the principal that gets to me.
06-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
going, going..

They had four when I pushed the button last night. I also have a 16-45 trucking its way west from them, about $320 new. That lens has fine reviews even if it's not the latest thing - since I'm shooting a k100d right now that clearly is not a requirement!

I've been an Alpha shooter since 2008 but their CF is suspect (corporate focus); so after a 10-year absence I'm restocking Pentax SLR gear. The K-7 is a great step up from my A200, and I'll survive not having perfect images at iso6400. Getting one for under $750 was too good to pass up.
06-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #8

ok, so did the K-x come with the original US warranty? thanks!

06-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
If the K-7 is anything like the K-x, there is no 'sealing.' You can't tell if it were used/opened as long as it was put back together well.

I bought my K-x from Tri-State, they often have the lowest prices but they're not the most honest folks around. They've been known to repackage returned cameras as brand new. My K-x looked new but it had a shutter count of 400+ according to PhotoME, that's way too many according to a Pentax rep. I wouldn't be surprised if it were used as a display model, perhaps. The reviews on reseller ratings pretty much echo my sentiment.

I ended up just keeping the K-x. Those NYC based Jewish photo stores like Adorama and B&H have all been known to occasionally repackage things as brand new. The items work and everything but it's the principal that gets to me.
I would like to know also if pentax honor the warranty on your K-x, thats all that matters to me. I can ask for extended warranty for 2 years, if they do accept tristate as one of their retailers.
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Im answering my question. I just chatted with pentax agent, and they told me that if i keep the receipt, i should be fine with warranty towards puchasing from tristate camera. I think this is a good deal rather than buying a used one around 700$-750$. I get a full year warranty, and can apply for additional 2 year extended warranty with this purchased.
06-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #11

Im answering my question. I just chatted with pentax agent, and they told me that if i keep the receipt, i should be fine with warranty towards puchasing from tristate camera. I think this is a good deal rather than buying a used one around 700$-750$. I get a full year warranty, and can apply for additional 2 year extended warranty with this purchased.

so you have already bought it? and gotten the 2 year warranty?
06-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
I just received the item just now. Im going to scan the receipt and send email to info@pentax.com, with your name, and address i think. Thats according to agents instruction. I think it will take 1-2 weeks before receiving it.
06-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #13

I just received the item just now. Im going to scan the receipt and send email to info@pentax.com, with your name, and address i think. Thats according to agents instruction. I think it will take 1-2 weeks before receiving it.
congratulations, bud!

can you please post when pentax grants you the 2 year warranty? thanks!
06-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #14

Hi Metungnasi,
I also recently bought a K7 from Tristate on Ebay using the same deal and waiting for the shipment to arrive next week, How does it look so far with the Shipment / Box of the Camera etc ?? does it all look brand new ? i was also skeptical of them and had checked to make sure that they are indeed an authorized dealer with Pentax before placing the order.

I spoke to Pentax CSR via Live Chat and they also said that i should get the warranty since i bought it from an authorized dealer within USA, i just hope they are not sending Grey Market New boxes with these orders on Ebay. Keep us posted.

Thanks
Mike
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
It looks like its legit... I opened the box and look at the serial # on the warranty card, and it matches to the one on the camera. I even have the rebate form from pentax for lenses, flash, and binoculars. I got this rebate form before when I bought my K2000 from amazon which I used to buy the da40. The camera looks like its untouched!!!!! Shipping went 3 business days, Box is excellent condition. I havent take any pictures yet, im just charging the battery for now. i want to see how many shutter count the camera has? I will inform you how much.

---------- Post added 06-09-2010 at 06:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mikesmith009 Quote
Hi Metungnasi,
I also recently bought a K7 from Tristate on Ebay using the same deal and waiting for the shipment to arrive next week, How does it look so far with the Shipment / Box of the Camera etc ?? does it all look brand new ? i was also skeptical of them and had checked to make sure that they are indeed an authorized dealer with Pentax before placing the order.

I spoke to Pentax CSR via Live Chat and they also said that i should get the warranty since i bought it from an authorized dealer within USA, i just hope they are not sending Grey Market New boxes with these orders on Ebay. Keep us posted.

Thanks
Mike
how would you know if its a grey market new boxes? I really have no idea how it looks like.