Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax FA 85mm f/1.4
Posted By: blackbirdoor, 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

hey guys just a quick post on what looks like to be a very well cared for lens on auction at ebay, link is Pentax FA smc 85mm f/1.4 F1.4 IF - eBay (item 280545855324 end time Aug-10-10 22:25:50 PDT) , It'll be interesting to see how high this lens can fetch on the used market in this condition, as stated by seller.
Views: 6,229
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by happygui Quote
I wonder why the seller even bothers to sell it on ebay. If you have been in China, you would know Camera lenses there are much more expensive than U.S. If the lens is as good as he claimed, he can easily sell it for 2000 dollars. I know a lot of Pentax fanboys personally from China. This just doesnt make any sense to me. Keep one thing in mind, the exchange rate of Chinese Yuan to US dollars are getting higher and higher recently. One US dollar was equal to 8 Chinese Yuan couple years ago. Now it is worth 6.4.

I have heard that a lot of Chinese photography gear sellers collect old/beatup lenses and refurbish it to make it look new. Hopefully, this is not the case.

Adam was right. Under ebay buyer protection policy, you probably will get your money back if the seller is s scammer. However, it takes month to go through the stupid process.

Anyway, good luck for whoever buying this.
There are quite a few things about this particular auction that don't feel quite right.

Obviously for the sake of whoever wins the auction, I hope it's all legit and works outs for him/her. Hopefully if it's someone on the forum, he/she will report back and help satisfy our collective curiosity.

08-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
auction is no longer happening...
08-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by JayR Quote
auction is no longer happening...
has been removed :ugh:
08-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #19

Original Poster
sold for 1026USD i remember, dont have the link sorry.