Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

very cheap k-7 w/ lens
Posted By: jkglogau, 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM

Just bought a new K-7 w/ 18-55 WR lens from Buy.com for $400. Probably some left if you check soon.
Views: 17,761
10-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #61
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I copied this from my account page..
It keeps progressing,,,now to shipping very soon,,not cancelled yet...

says it cannot change as well....

Shipment 1 of 1 Shipping Soon Delivery Estimate: October 25, 2010 - October 28, 2010

• This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

10-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #62

A good news.
My BUY.COM still under processing though.

QuoteOriginally posted by cabron Quote
I copied this from my account page..
It keeps progressing,,,now to shipping very soon,,not cancelled yet...

Shipment 1 of 1 Shipping Soon Delivery Estimate: October 25, 2010 - October 28, 2010

• This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.
10-19-2010, 03:23 PM   #63

<snip >
< snip >

This really means that you cannot change or cancel the order. I wouldn't put too much stock in it as a good sign. Still, fingers crossed.
10-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This must have been a fluke. They're listed as 999.99 on buy.com

Nice work to those that got in on it though.

---------- Post added 10-19-10 at 05:17 PM ----------

It'll be interesting to see if these players deliver on their order. Since they're not directly from amazon, they could choose not to honor them and take the neutral or negative feedback.

10-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #65

Neutral?? I would be dancing all over their negative feedback ;-)
10-20-2010, 03:14 AM   #66
Pentaxian

Any update guys? My Amazon account still shows as "Item Ordered" from ANTonline.

They haven't charged my credit card yet. Crossing fingers
10-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #67
Inactive Account

Hot coffee in hand ,,and anxious to see what today brings...

status..

2 transactions pending on my checking acct still...

amazon account status...

Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera - Black - 14.6 Megapixel - 3.05x Optical Zoom - 3" Active Matrix TFT C* Marketplace Item -- Shipped by: ANTOnline
Tweet

Qty: 1 Status: Processing Shipping Method: Standard

Usually ships in 1 to 2 business days. Marketplace Seller is processing your order in their warehouse
Available Actions To request a cancellation, please contact ANTOnline Show Related ItemsToday is the day, we will know one way or the other....

So we have a "shipping soon from Amazon"

Processing order from Buy.com.....

yeah if they jam us on this ,,the negative feedback will be brutal!!!

---------- Post added 10-20-10 at 05:34 AM ----------

I'm not certain how the pricing is regulated..but here's something to ponder..

If Amazon and Buy.com do the up to the minute price fluctuations.
then list the said stores to provide the merchandise,,as in antonline and Unbeatablesale

I feel these two stores are taking it up with the website corps..to cover the difference
or a type of a compensation before they ship them...

If you sell something on ebay and the buyer purchases at the listed price ,,there is no
wiggle room or grey area,,,it's sold at that advertised price...

the transaction is complete ,,end of story...

same with an advertised product at best buy for example,,,they have to honor the sale
price....

So with that in mind,,how can an internet transaction on amazon or buy.com be any different legally speaking,a transaction or sale is a sale..

Last edited by cabron; 10-20-2010 at 05:44 AM.
10-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #68
Veteran Member

same with an advertised product at best buy for example,,,they have to honor the sale
price....

Si with that in mind,,how can an internet transaction on amazon or buy.com be any different legally speaking,a transaction or sale is a sale..
Not trying to be negative (as I have a K7 order pending for $393 as well), but the above information isn't accutate. If Best(assuming it was actually a mistake/typo). I don't know about the legalities of transactions on amazon.com or buy.com, but I do know that from my own experience in the past that if they feel they made a legitimate mistake regarding the price, they will cancel the order.
10-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #69
Veteran Member

I bought through buy.com and paid via paypal. They debited the money within an hour (which is not typical - usually funds are taken immediately, which seems to indicate someone was researching the transaction). Anyway, as of this morning my order tracking page on buy.com reads: Marketplace Seller is processing your order in their warehouse. It did not say that yesterday - I am still hopeful but reserved, haha.

I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one about the deep K7 discounts - but I have to agree, if you are getting a good deal, no way in hell you call to confirm it! Just let it go, and maybe the retailer will too. Works at camera stores and pawn shops too by the way
10-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I bought through buy.com and paid via paypal. They debited the money within an hour (which is not typical - usually funds are taken immediately, which seems to indicate someone was researching the transaction). Anyway, as of this morning my order tracking page on buy.com reads: Marketplace Seller is processing your order in their warehouse. It did not say that yesterday - I am still hopeful but reserved, haha.

I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one about the deep K7 discounts - but I have to agree, if you are getting a good deal, no way in hell you call to confirm it! Just let it go, and maybe the retailer will too. Works at camera stores and pawn shops too by the way
I bought mine through ebay from buy.com, paid via paypal, so the money was taken at the time of purchase. My status is also "processing your order in their warehouse". Despite that status, I remain fairly certain the order will be canceled. For once, I'm hoping to be wrong
10-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just checked the website of the actual reseller and it still says processing. Fingers crossed!
10-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #72
Inactive Account

yeah we have a pretty sharp group of members here..
I'm sure nobody is dumb enough to contact them and push the issue??

damn ,,I hope not..

and Dan ,,yeah you're right they can take the punch on the nose from us by cancelling all the orders,,and get massive negative feedback,as they should..

here's a situation I found on google that happened at amazon last year,,similar..

the results were some people actually did get their merchandise ...

Amazon Wields $25 Gift Certificates To Pacify Frustrated Comic Book Fans
10-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #73
Veteran Member

You guys may want to check out the "K-7 fire sale" thread
10-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #74
Inactive Account

I made the decision to give one of these to my gal if I actually get both...
I'd like to get her involved in photography...

that outta make me pretty popular for a long time ,,,benefits of that are awesome..

Still want the 2x TC tammy and the smc FA-100 macro Dan...wink wink!!

---------- Post added 10-20-10 at 06:04 AM ----------

where is a link?
or what category??
10-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #75
Pentaxian

[/COLOR]where is a link?
or what category??
Here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/118857-k-7-fire-sale.html
Closed Thread