Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread

very cheap k-7 w/ lens
Posted By: jkglogau, 10-19-2010, 06:50 AM

Just bought a new K-7 w/ 18-55 WR lens from Buy.com for $400. Probably some left if you check soon.
Views: 17,753
10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From this ordeal, in the future someone may keep a deal for themselves rather than announcing it to the whole wide web.

Has anyone actually received any of these K-7s? I know tracking numbers exist, but any conclusive results?

10-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #92
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
From this ordeal, in the future someone may keep a deal for themselves rather than announcing it to the whole wide web.

Has anyone actually received any of these K-7s? I know tracking numbers exist, but any conclusive results?
Yes. The only company that wasn't called has delivered the product next day at the sub $400 price.

We'll never see this info shared on this forum again because of this.
10-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Yes...I got one. It's waiting for me at home
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #94

Then they should be telling me honestly that there is a price mistake - not that they just ran out of stock and tried to procure the item from other distributors and they are also backordered to eternity. Please do not comment if you don't have the full context!

---------- Post added 10-20-10 at 12:48 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
You can certainly file a complaint, but there is a difference between deceptive marketing and a price mistake. This was the latter.
Then they should be telling me honestly that there is a price mistake - not that they just ran out of stock and tried to procure the item from other distributors and they are also backordered to eternity. Please do not comment if you don't have the full context!

10-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dileepkrp Quote
I am fully aware of the context as I've been following this thread since it started. I also ordered one of the cheap K7 bodies and will also likely have my order cancelled. While I would appreciate more honestly in situations like this when a company makes a mistake, I also am realistic with my expectations.

Let's face it, you, myself and everyone else who ordered a K7+18-55WR at prices around $400 knew damn well that something wasn't exactly right and there was almost certainly a price mistake (the same place I ordered the K7+18-55WR from was also selling the body only for $993). We all went into knowing there was a very good chance it wasn't going to work out. Well for most people it didn't end up working out and now you want to cry foul?
10-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's face it, you, myself and everyone else who ordered a K7+18-55WR at prices around $400 knew damn well that something wasn't exactly right and there was almost certainly a price mistake (the same place I ordered the K7+18-55WR from was also selling the body only for $993).
The strange thing about this, is that several retailers had it for $400, not just one. How could a pricing mistake affect so many retailers?

PS - The other K-7 thread just got closed.
10-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #97
Inactive Account

The strange thing about this, is that several retailers had it for $400, not just one. How could a pricing mistake affect so many retailers?
Probably some form of automation that either went unchecked or failed in check...

woof!

10-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #98
Veteran Member

It's likely that all of these retailers use automated programs to monitor other retailers prices and perhaps dynamically adjust their own. It's possible they may have all reacted to a single price mistake. This is obviously speculation on my part, but a possible explaination.
10-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cabron Quote
<Inappropriate and potty-mouth comments deleted by Mod>
Seriously? :ugh:

Last edited by Parallax; 10-20-2010 at 03:12 PM.
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #100
Inactive Account

It's likely that all of these retailers use automated programs to monitor other retailers prices and perhaps dynamically adjust their own. It's possible they may have all reacted to a single price mistake. This is obviously speculation on my part, but a possible explaination.
That's the only explaination I can see. I found a fourth company that had it listed and corrected it. I've saved them to my favorites so if this ever happens again, I'm going straight to their site and ordering next day delivery.
10-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #101
Inactive Account

Agreed. It was a very nice thing to do to share this.
10-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cabron Quote
my take up to the minute is this...

I have called recklessly to find out the status of my order with ant...

guess what?? it's hipping out tonite...

I have spoken to gals in the Philippines and they gave me a warehouse in the states number for ant......the rude lil ******* says yes,it's shipping out today..

so even being a drunk belligerent ******* on the phone trying to crash my destiny
with K7 has failed aimlessly,,,I now am resolved to the fact that I very well may be
stuck with this gal for 400 worthless notes....

tomorrow will be another day.....
wait what

awesome?
10-20-2010, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #103
Veteran Member

Keeping this thread open for further bickering will lessen its usefulness I think, so it is perhaps an appropriate time for lockety lock.

Thanks

Last edited by Nass; 10-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread