Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

The short lived $400 K7 deal
Posted By: pxpaulx, 10-21-2010, 08:23 AM

In light of losing two threads to discuss the recent deeply discounted K7s, I am starting this thread to actually discuss any pending orders and their result (cancelled, fulfilled, pending). At least one member did confirm receipt in the other threads.

I will start. My order is still pending 2 days later through buy.com (reseller is antonline), paid via paypal. No notice of cancellation has been received at this point.
Views: 10,080
10-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Sorry to put a downer on this for anyone who might already have benefited from this. When I was young, I once had a Dutch bank mistakenly credit me with £5000 instead of fl5000 (Dutch guilders back in the day, worth about £1000). I took the £5000 and bought some stuff. They realised their mistake a few months later and resourted to very intimidating court threats. Of course I gave it back quickly.

Anyhow the point of this story is even if mistakes are made commercial entities can and do get their money back when they realise their mistake. I don't know the legalities, I hope it works out for anyone in that position nor do I even know if there is jurisdiction in your countries to protect the inadvertent purchaser, but still...
Well...I got one in my possession...let 'em try to come back for more money

I bought directly from a website for an advertised price. As far as I knew...they were doing a fire-sale clearance on K-7's to make way for full shipments of the K-5's. The merchant accepted my order, charged my card, and shipped me the product. I have an invoice for $395.99, which I recieved with a) an order confirmation email, b) a shipment confirmation email, and c) a paper invoice that was included in the box. The transaction on my credit card is now "Processed", which means that the merchant submitted the 'final' charge through completing the transaction (when you place an order, the system only runs an authorization which is 'pending' until the merchant finalizes it)

The terms of service on the website I bought from states nothing that they may come back and charge my card an additional amount if a pricing error is discovered. In fact...this particular company really doesn't cover pricing errors in their terms at all.

If they decide to come back and arbitrarily just charge my credit card for the 'difference'...I think with the documentation I have here, along with their terms of service, it would take my bank all of about 2 seconds to put a chargeback through on any additional charge.

10-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

And it's official....my buy.com purchase through ebay has officially been cancelled.

Funny thing is...when I look at the order status...it says cancelled at MY request. Jerks. Oh well...at least I got 1 of them.
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
And it's official....my buy.com purchase through ebay has officially been cancelled.

Funny thing is...when I look at the order status...it says cancelled at MY request. Jerks. Oh well...at least I got 1 of them.
Lucky. I'm actually quite sad that I don't have a K-7, now. Enough so that I may just sell my K10D and upgrade.
10-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #34
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Lucky. I'm actually quite sad that I don't have a K-7, now. Enough so that I may just sell my K10D and upgrade.
I have the same sadness. It's odd because I have a Kx, a very competitive performer.

10-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my cancellation notice from buy.com as well. Not as much a cancellation notice as it was them just saying they were refunding my paypal payment. This was from the eBay auction deal.
10-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I feel bad for everyone...I wish everyone would have gotten their cameras.

I mean..I honstly expected it...and personally I really don't care that the eBay deal got canceled on me, since I was one of the few who lucked out and got one from Electronica Direct....but it's still the principle of the whole thing, especially the way the order status reads "Your order has been canceled at your request". Yeah, right.

So...anyway...it sounds like the most anyone can do is give them a little negative publicity. I'm starting on Twitter. I suggest anyone with a Twitter account do the same and start tweeting about it. If anyone does...let me know and I'll Retweet anything on the topic

Oh...and don't forget ResellerRatings as well. It was more than 3 business days until they 'corrected' the situation...so it's a valid complaint on their site.

Last edited by jgmankos; 10-22-2010 at 10:39 PM.
10-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #37
Pentaxian

That's funny. Here in Brazil, shops are forced by law to deliver at the announced price even if it was announced by the wrong price. If you place the order before it gets corrected, you're covered.

10-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #38

Hmm still waiting for my cancellation notice. Still processing.
10-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dasuhu Quote
Hmm still waiting for my cancellation notice. Still processing.
From where? At least there is still hope
10-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
From where? At least there is still hope
ANTOnline
10-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #41

ANTOnline quietly refunded my CC. Oh well, this whole event prompted me to just pony up the money and get a used k-7 off a fellow PF member.