Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

The short lived $400 K7 deal
Posted By: pxpaulx, 10-21-2010, 08:23 AM

In light of losing two threads to discuss the recent deeply discounted K7s, I am starting this thread to actually discuss any pending orders and their result (cancelled, fulfilled, pending). At least one member did confirm receipt in the other threads.

I will start. My order is still pending 2 days later through buy.com (reseller is antonline), paid via paypal. No notice of cancellation has been received at this point.
Views: 10,077
10-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I'm willing to wait for quite a while.
Me too, I read a couple of AntOnline reviews where people didn't get notices for out of stock items for a couple of weeks. I expect that may happen here.

10-22-2010, 06:45 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I'm willing to wait for quite a while.
Me too, not really costing me anything to wait.
10-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #18

As has been said, several did ship and were received from one of the four sellers.
Which vendor? I know a couple of people claimed it shipped, but have any confirmed they received the actual item?
10-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MerlinGS Quote
Which vendor? I know a couple of people claimed it shipped, but have any confirmed they received the actual item?
If I am not mistaken, the OP actually recieved his K7 (from buy.com I believe).

10-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Here we go

The e-mail just got in few minutes ago.

============================
We make every best effort to ensure all of our listings are being listed correctly but occasionally products get mismatched. It has recently come to our attention that this has happened with your recent purchase. We regret to inform you that the Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera - Black - 14.6 Megapixel - 3.05x Optical Zoom - 3" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD was mixed with a listing for a cheaper graphics card.

We will notify Buy.com to issue a refund based on their policies. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Support Team at ANTOnline
============================

I wonder what kind of "cheaper graphic card" is it to cost like $400! It must be a hell of a graphic card!
10-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #21

Photos: Gallery
Very disappointed!!
Just got this email.

We make every best effort to ensure all of our listings are being listed correctly but occasionally products get mismatched. It has recently come to our attention that this has happened with your recent purchase. We regret to inform you that the Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera - Black - 14.6 Megapixel - 3.05x Optical Zoom - 3" Active Matrix TFT Color LCD was mixed with a listing for a cheaper graphics card.

We will notify Buy.com to issue a refund based on their policies. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Support Team at ANTOnline
10-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #22
Inactive Account

Graphics cards can be crazy expensive for intensive use.

For the last time for people doubting, no shipments have been verified as received from antonline or Unbeatable Sale. The third company, however, has 100% delivery rate, and the fourth company that had them listed does not have any verified orders.

The people ordering from the third company told me they selected that company for a specific reason, and they were smart to do so.

10-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rory, what was the 3rd company?

Ordered cancelled by antonline, same stock response noted above by qqspm and ducdao.
10-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #24
Banned

I'm sunk too. Oh well, nothing lost except a little time and hope..
10-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #25
Veteran Member

D'oh.
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #26
Inactive Account

D'oh.
Did yours get cancelled, too?

My heart goes out to you guys. I'm sure hope was slim, but I can't imagine the going through that suspense all week!
10-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Rory, what was the 3rd company?

Ordered cancelled by antonline, same stock response noted above by qqspm and ducdao.
+1.
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Sorry to put a downer on this for anyone who might already have benefited from this. When I was young, I once had a Dutch bank mistakenly credit me with £5000 instead of fl5000 (Dutch guilders back in the day, worth about £1000). I took the £5000 and bought some stuff. They realised their mistake a few months later and resourted to very intimidating court threats. Of course I gave it back quickly.

Anyhow the point of this story is even if mistakes are made commercial entities can and do get their money back when they realise their mistake. I don't know the legalities, I hope it works out for anyone in that position nor do I even know if there is jurisdiction in your countries to protect the inadvertent purchaser, but still...
10-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Sorry to put a downer on this for anyone who might already have benefited from this. When I was young, I once had a Dutch bank mistakenly credit me with £5000 instead of fl5000 (Dutch guilders back in the day, worth about £1000). I took the £5000 and bought some stuff. They realised their mistake a few months later and resourted to very intimidating court threats. Of course I gave it back quickly.

Anyhow the point of this story is even if mistakes are made commercial entities can and do get their money back when they realise their mistake. I don't know the legalities, I hope it works out for anyone in that position nor do I even know if there is jurisdiction in your countries to protect the inadvertent purchaser, but still...
Negative on that. Sales are final. Bank mistakes fall into a completely different category. The agreement for the charge for product was made. They cannot go after them for additional funds claiming that, despite the pricing error, they shipped out anyway. Those who have received this merchandise are fine.

You're comparing apples to septic tanks here.

---------- Post added 10-22-10 at 02:11 PM ----------

FYI, if they had a big set, they could ask them to return the items. However, they have no actual legal recourse recouping any losses due to error.
10-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote

Well, I certainly hope nobody here who bought a K-7 gets it delivered, then gets a notification that they either need to send another 600 dollars or surrender the camera. That'd be awful.

Still, I'm very bummed about this. This means my next Pentax will be a K-5 (which is nice) but that I won't have a K-7 until the K-5s become cheaper and I save money to buy them (Which means I'm stuck with the K10D for now...)