Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
43mm Ltd - Adorama - 569
Posted By: jgmankos, 05-31-2011, 06:37 PM

I bought mine last week at this price and it's still hanging around at $569 Seems like a good price because I see people asking as much, or more, for used ones:

Pentax 43mm Limited - Add to cart for $569 price.

If you do buy it....don't forget to go back and click through Adam's link so this site can get credit for the sale

Last edited by jgmankos; 06-01-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Views: 2,240
05-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #2

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Quick question... I know Pentax has International Warranty, but if I buy from Adorama will they ship that card with the lens?

I live in Canada.
06-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HappyRockets Quote
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Quick question... I know Pentax has International Warranty, but if I buy from Adorama will they ship that card with the lens?

I live in Canada.
I'm not sure how they handle it...best bet is to call Adorama or even Pentax to find out how the Int'l warranties work
06-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

This question recently was asked in the Ask B&H forum. Internationally, you seem to be screwed.

06-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
This question recently was asked in the Ask B&H forum. Internationally, you seem to be screwed.
Very true. I saw there was a bunch of equipment that I want on sale (43mm, 55-300mm, 35mm Macro and Flash). I would save over $1,200 (if I was to buy on Adorama instead of local) if it wasn't for:

Shipping
Currency Exchange to Canadian Dollar
Brokerage Fee for Importing
Custom Fees for Importing
and Tax....

With all that included I save just a little under $300 for it all after everything... I think.

Which isn't BAD, but not worth the hassle (and the possibility of not having warranty coverage) in my opinion...
06-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HappyRockets Quote
Very true. I saw there was a bunch of equipment that I want on sale (43mm, 55-300mm, 35mm Macro and Flash). I would save over $1,200 (if I was to buy on Adorama instead of local) if it wasn't for:

Shipping
Currency Exchange to Canadian Dollar
Brokerage Fee for Importing
Custom Fees for Importing
and Tax....

With all that included I save just a little under $300 for it all after everything... I think.

Which isn't BAD, but not worth the hassle (and the possibility of not having warranty coverage) in my opinion...
If you order from B&H and pick purolator shipping they give you your total price to your door including all duties/fees/taxes.

I ordered the 15 ltd today. $509 USD + $10 Shipping, plus ~$60 (canadian HST taxes)

I have ordered a bunch of stuff from B&H delivered to T.O. no issues. Regarding the currency exchange our dollar is worth more these days so depending on how you order you might even save some extra.
06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
I'm not sure how they handle it...best bet is to call Adorama or even Pentax to find out how the Int'l warranties work
From the Pentax USA website:

To obtain an International Warranty Card, please send the below-listed items to PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, CO 80401:
A copy of your dated proof of purchase, with the name and address of the U.S. dealer.
The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).

Seems simple enough to me.

06-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #8

But the question would be why these lenses have reduced prices since April ?

I've bought the 43mm from BH Photo and the lens is not "Made in Japan", but rather "Made in Vietnam". Would that explain the price drop ?? Or the 43mm has been made in vietnam for a while and japanesse versions has stopped shipping out ?

Also the 77mm Limited has dropped price at BH and Adorama. They were seen at 1050$US and now are 785$US (that's a huge price drop !!).

And will these price drop stay around for a long time ? (I'm new to DSLR since a year now, so I do not know price history).

Cheers
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
Forum Member

Thanks -- ordered a 43 LTD from Adorama this weekend.