Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&H K-5 up to $1449, Adorama remains at $1327
Posted By: Adam, 06-25-2011, 08:55 AM

Interestingly, B&H has increased the price of the K-5 back up to $1449:
Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (Black) 14748 B&H

However, at Adorama it still remains at $1327.51, and the same goes for amazon:
14748 Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body, 16.3MP CMOS Sensor, 1080p HD Video at 25 FPS, 3 inch LCD, Black

Could this mean that the price is going back up, though?
Views: 2,002
06-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #2

I noticed this too

I was planning on buying my K-5 today from B&H, and when I saw that the price was up (actually, when I checked this morning, it was 1599 kit price) I kinda freaked out and was relieved to see Adorama's price hadn't changed. I ended up ordering from Adorama.

I called Adorama to confirm that they had the extra Pentax warranty in stock (which has been out of stock for some time at B&H), which they did. I ended up ordering over the phone and so far (fingers crossed) have had a wonderful customer experience with them. First time dealing with them directly. The sales rep was really helpful and even gave me a good deal on expedited shipping (I was going to order from B&H because their fast shipping was cheaper, and I read some threads saying their shipping was a little quicker and their customer service more reliable). If I get the K-5 in good working order before my trip, I will be one happy customer
06-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Bårsvik Quote
I ended up ordering from Adorama.

I called Adorama to confirm that they had the extra Pentax warranty in stock ......and so far ...have had a wonderful customer experience with them.
....The sales rep was really helpful and even gave me a good deal on expedited shipping ......
VERY good to read feedback like this - thank you. If you get a chance to email me directly with the name of the Adorama rep who looked after you, I'd welcome the opportunity to be able to pass that on to his manager, thanks: Helen@adorama.com
06-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Interestingly, B&H has increased the price of the K-5 back up to $1449: Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) (Black) 14748 B&H
When you add the camera to a shopping cart you should now see this:

Please note the lower price for the Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera
(Body Only) (Black) is
$1,299.95

This is an MAP issue.

BTW, if you use the link in my sig or the B&H link in Adam's to place an order, B&H sends a penny or two of every dollar you spend to support this site. This only happens via the coded link, not by phone.

Last edited by henryp; 06-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.